Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Re: PokerNow is detecting PV/PT or possibly PokerStove

I don't use either, hell, Ive been too lazy to install Pokertracker on my new PC. but have no problem with those who do. They should just ban datamining-requesting hand history's you did not participate in, that truly is the only "unfair" advantage.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, whale, sand, or whomever objects to this sort of thing: How the hell is this opponent profiling any different than if I took notes at the table?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please. You can't take notes on 5000 players in a matter of minutes.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do y'all want to see what PV displays? It's practically the same thing as PT exported notes, except with pretty colors and it loads automatically.

Here's the first guy in my exported notes file:

{VP 21 - PFR 14 AF 2.7 - CCPF 0 - TH 542 WF-R 1 - CR 2.6 - WSD 34 AF-F 3.3 - AF-T 2.5 - AF-R 2.0 FSB 100 - FBB 63 - FBB-HU 64 RAISE WITH AQo(3) 88(2) JJ(2) QQ(2) KK(2) A7o(2) A9o(2) LAST SEEN 4/9/05}

He's a 2+2er, fwiw.

Anyway, whale, sand, or whomever objects to this sort of thing: How the hell is this opponent profiling any different than if I took notes at the table? You still have to interpret those stats and know the correct decision based upon those stats. It's just another poker skill, like knowing how to fold KTo UTG. It's just an iteration of writing down everything your opponent does.

Anyone who thinks this stuff should be banned is moronic.

[/ QUOTE ]

shadow,

try doing that 8 tabling and keeping track of people who leave the table and new players who join and keeping track of what notes you had on them before, etc, all while paying attention to every hand everyone plays.

if you dont want it banned, then I respect your opinion even though I disagree.

I've used GT+ in the past, and to say it does the same thing as taking notes is ludicrous
Old 06-22-2005, 01:54 PM

also, can I use a bot then? all it does is automatically make any decision I could make myself
Old 06-22-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't use either, hell, Ive been too lazy to install Pokertracker on my new PC. but have no problem with those who do. They should just ban datamining-requesting hand history's you did not participate in, that truly is the only "unfair" advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Datamining is the only part of all this that makes me uncomfortable. It allows someone access to information that they didn't 'pay' (as in put their money at risk) to acquire. It is also information acquired without giving up information about your own play at the same time.

Yet another reason not to play at Party (since they allow datamining).
Old 06-22-2005, 01:57 PM

Did you even read my post? Try again, or do you want me to walk you through it? Hint: Focus on the quote.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:18 PM

My problem is with the real-time stuff. I've laid low on cash HE tables hoping the day will come when PT only tracks personal data and can't farm.

The ally may be digital, but the process has a stench similar to collusion.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:37 PM

Yeah, I can't see how PokerStove is involved in this discussion at all. It provides such small insight it's hardly useful at all in-game. Certainly not useful for anyone running 4+ tables...
Old 06-22-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
whether it's fair or legal or not or whatever is irrelevant, dude. all you should be thinking about it whether or not it's good for the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think multitabling should be banned?

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally yes I think it should be cut down. 8-tables on one site is ridiculous (Party and a skin). At the limits with less tables it becomes really noticeable.

The best site I play at only allows 1-table (we all know where), the games are consistently awesome. I believe the (1) table limit has much to do with this.

Despite ridicule in some forums lately, most multitablers are winning players. Having a winning player in 8-12 places at once dilutes the tables with a disproportionate amount of good players, which means the bad players are exposed to better competition more often, which means they lose faster.

Now they will lose anyway. But someone who deposits $200 and has it last for 2-weeks, is more likely to come back than someone who deposits $200 and loses it in 4 days.

So yes better games, and on average weaker competition at the tables... I am all for it. It really would not hurt most pros either. instead of playing 8-tables on Party, maybe it becomes 4 on Party, 1 on UB, 2 on Paradise and 1 on Absolute. Might actually be good for the industry as well.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:07 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if ti was priviledged information or particularly expensive I'd agree. but anyone can get poker tracker for $55 and datamine