Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Cops: \"I\'m going to tase you!\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the woman is talking on the phone and tells the officer to hold up so she can finish her conversation. ok, wtf? the officer then tells here to get out of the car 3 times, then tells her im going to tase you, then 3 times he says im going to tell you one more time... this woman is completely to blame.

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't justify tasering her. Don't be a fascist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tasering isn't a word, please stop using it while trying to sound intelligent before I claw my eyes out. Also, it's clear to everyone that Jack has the mental edge on you, no need to resort to personal attacks to try and overcome your mental inadequacies. As far as your "getting laid" comment, don't make me resort to linking the thread where you embarass yourself by telling J_V that his "first problem is not knowing how to tell a real orgasm from a fake" when he was having sex with a girl for the first time. You're a joke, buddy, but keep working at scraping together some credibility.
-James
Old 06-06-2005, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No way, especially when you consider the fact, SHE WAS UNDER ARREST and refusing to comply with the order to step out of the vehicle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hate to come down on the "left side of this again" but (and I need to go watch the video again to be sure) I never heard the words "you are under arrest , step out of the vehicle". I don'r believe the word "Arrest" was used until she was on the ground.

[ QUOTE ]
perhaps this is when she "took a swing.")

[/ QUOTE ]

Second point - if you have all your attention focused in one direction (particullary women are prone to this) and someone grabs at you from your blind side, most people's first reaction is to pull away and swat away the grabbing hand. Sorry - that's NOT assult.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may correct me if I am wrong, but, I believe the driver is "technically" under arrest once they are pulled over. At such point, you are required to follow the officer's instruction. Once the ticket is written, the officer is releasing you from custody on your own recognizance ... you have posted "bail" which is the amount you will be fined should you choose to skip out on the offical proceedings.

In situations like the one presented, when the officer states "you are under arrest," it means you are going to jail (even though you were all ready under arrest).

In any event, it does not pay to be a horse's ass - I'm referring to the "tased" woman.

By the way, watch the video again. He comes back to the car and tells her she is under arrest. She askes "for what?" and he informs her of why.

Then the action begins.

As the second point: Yes, it would be very difficult to prove she "assaulted" the other cop. This is because you must prove intent. Here, it would be too much trouble ... HOWEVER, on the flip side of that, if she did make contact by slapping the officer, he has justification for defending himself. It cuts both ways.

Anyhow, the officer had the right to subdue the woman as she was refusing his instructions while she was under arrest.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Tasering isn't a word, please stop using it while trying to sound intelligent before I claw my eyes out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure "tasering" and etc. are terms of art used in the police field. Therefore, it makes little sense to claw your eyes out about its use. Used in such a context, it seems correct and appropriate.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
doesn't make it awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am not going to lie, I thought it was funny. If you want to act like a damn fool and disobey the police then you deserve a few volts.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:14 PM

Thank you. Has common sense gone out the window?

This whole thread just reeks of political correctness.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
doesn't make it awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am not going to lie, I thought it was funny. If you want to act like a damn fool and disobey the police then you deserve a few volts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. And knowing Slacker's propensity to overtip, he just might walk over and float the bitch a twenty.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree. And knowing Slacker's propensity to overtip, he just might walk over and float the bitch a twenty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only for a lap dance. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You may correct me if I am wrong, but, I believe the driver is "technically" under arrest once they are pulled over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually no, you are being detained - there is a difference

[ QUOTE ]
At such point, you are required to follow the officer's instruction.

[/ QUOTE ]

You’re supposed to do that at any time

[ QUOTE ]
when the officer states "you are under arrest," it means you are going to jail

[/ QUOTE ]

True – however it is your legal right to refuse to sign the citation, refuse the breath test, or the motor test, the consequence is handcuffs and jail, but you can refuse.

[ QUOTE ]
In any event, it does not pay to be a horse's ass - I'm referring to the "tased" woman.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, it would be very difficult to prove she "assaulted" the other cop. This is because you must prove intent. Here, it would be too much trouble ... HOWEVER, on the flip side of that, if she did make contact by slapping the officer, he has justification for defending himself. It cuts both ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really – If I walk up to a police officer and slap him (or her) on the arm and just stand there – is it simple assault? – Technically yes. Can I be arrested and charged? Again technically yes. Can the officer pull out his taser/ mace/baton and whale me into the ground – no.

The bigger problem with this scenario (the woman’s not the above ) is that in a lot of cases “Resisting arrest and Assault on a police officer” charges are added in order to give the police leverage. “Plead to the suspended license, pay the fines, don’t file a civil complaint or sue and we’ll drop the resisting charge” I see this a lot, and in a lot of cases the defendant looks like they went through a meat grinder and the cops are parade-ground fresh.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Tasering isn't a word, please stop using it while trying to sound intelligent before I claw my eyes out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure "tasering" and etc. are terms of art used in the police field. Therefore, it makes little sense to claw your eyes out about its use. Used in such a context, it seems correct and appropriate.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a word. If run you over with a car, am I carring you?
-James
Old 06-06-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a word. If run you over with a car, am I carring you?
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say its a word, its a term of art.