Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2005, 05:59 PM

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* Zoo WSOP Raffle, 05/24/05! Details and signup inside!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am going to publicly post the pass on Tuesday around 2pm or so if it comes down to it

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd recommend delaying it a day and offering extra chances first. While I'm sort of indifferent posting the password publically could allow anyone (lurkers, trolls, phil hellmuth) to enter and the basic idea was to get someone from zoo/2+2...like I said, i don't care, but I think it'd be easy to delay it a day and have those that want buy extra chanes so that we "keep it in the family"

I'll shut up now...

J

[/ QUOTE ]

I plan on holding out as long as possible jason, I just want it to fill.
~Justin
Old 05-22-2005, 06:39 PM

I like the idea of taking the money for some of the other tournaments if it doesn't fill. I think that if we get 50 entries we should draw for the 5K NL Hold 'Em event. I can't really see anyone who entered this raffle not liking this idea. After all it is still a free trip to the WSOP, just not the main even. Additionally they'll probably have a better chance of making the final table in this event.

Dave
Old 05-22-2005, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Additionally they'll probably have a better chance of making the final table in this event.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pfft...I have an equal chance of making it to the final table in any event (zero).

J
Old 05-22-2005, 07:25 PM

We would be flexible ..... but keep in mind folks signed up for a Main Event Seat Raffle this time. (The automatic refund function if it does not go is a big reason why I suggested using the tourney software to collect funds.)

If you would like, we could run something else later or re-run this with an extended sign-up period, in as much as people did deposit for this event already. The only caveat we would suggest is that it could be too late if it is extended past say June 21. (If the WSOP Main Event were to sell out, I would suggest the raffle winner get the $10K instead to cover that possibility.)

IF this does not fill on the current setting, we are open to your suggestions.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the idea of taking the money for some of the other tournaments if it doesn't fill. I think that if we get 50 entries we should draw for the 5K NL Hold 'Em event. I can't really see anyone who entered this raffle not liking this idea. After all it is still a free trip to the WSOP, just not the main even. Additionally they'll probably have a better chance of making the final table in this event.

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

there are early $1,500 events that will have over 1,000 players. why not make this package for 2 prelim events? it seems like there is plenty of interest as long as everone does not require that it is the $10k event.

the smaller buy-ins are still a bracelet, and i would rather play 2 events than face a 6600 runner field if i were not already in the main one. i.e., if i were looking to win this raffle i would rather play three $1,500's or something like that.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We would be flexible ..... but keep in mind folks signed up for a Main Event Seat Raffle this time. (The automatic refund function if it does not go is a big reason why I suggested using the tourney software to collect funds.)

If you would like, we could run something else later or re-run this with an extended sign-up period, in as much as people did deposit for this event already. The only caveat we would suggest is that it could be too late if it is extended past say June 21. (If the WSOP Main Event were to sell out, I would suggest the raffle winner get the $10K instead to cover that possibility.)

IF this does not fill on the current setting, we are open to your suggestions.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think possibly raffling off as many $3K WSOP Dollar packages would be great. Assuming this doesn't go off on Tuesday I will get back in touch with David. I would also like to see if we could finagle David into running a $3K sat tourney for the zoo, not a raffle, an actual tournament. More on this Tuesday.
~Justin
Old 05-22-2005, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think possibly raffling off as many $3K WSOP Dollar packages would be great.

[/ QUOTE ]
This makes sense. If only 60 sign up . . do a draw for that and let the winner spend the $6,000 however they like towards whatever WSOP events they want.

[ QUOTE ]
I would also like to see if we could finagle David into running a $3K sat tourney for the zoo, not a raffle, an actual tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a huge fan of this. This would kind of change the whole concept of the event. I'm sure some people would have registered BECAUSE it was a raffle and not a tournament. I for one would not likely pay $100 to play in a tournament against the 20-30 best 2 + 2 tourni players that were already planning on going to the WSOP anyway and just saw this tourni as easy fodder.

STAY THE COURSE !

my 2 cents.

busguy
Old 05-22-2005, 08:50 PM

A tourney would only be in addition to the raffle. I think it would be good to see if we can get some sats going for the $3K events.
~Justin
Old 05-22-2005, 09:05 PM

I'm in, just waiting for the password since I'm a newb. If TPCEO can figure out a way for someone to get multiple entries, I'd consider two. Thats a much better chance than I have trying to qualify on my own.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think possibly raffling off as many $3K WSOP Dollar packages would be great.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if it doesn't go off as currently planned on Tuesday, you can go ahead and try for some of the smaller tournaments as long as you give enough time for those not interested to unregister.