Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2004, 12:28 PM

Default It\'s a trap line!

Ed was on top of this one.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Official Week #9 thread for the \"3+1 NFL Challenge\"

At brief glance, it looks like the two plus two community lost an awful lot of money this week, and were especially hard hit by the Jets and the Chiefs. Almost everyone had at least one of these teams. I got sucked in by the Rams, probably third on the list of trap games this week, of which there were quite a few.

Chiefs - Biggest trap, based on their 100 point output the last two weeks.

Jets - Trap number two - their offense was almost sickeningly predictable, if you watched this game.

Rams - Trap number three - as good as New England is, why can't I bring myself to bet this team? I know, I'm too much of a contrarian, thats why.

Lions - Trap number four - not many people even touched this game, but I believe the public was on the side of the Lions, and so was I until Kdog advised me that I.M. Bettor was on the Skins. (there was a thread about this guy recently, he is a contrarian handicapper who has a weekly column in the Boston Herald on Fridays. Pitt and Wash were his selections this week).

To a lesser extent, it seems that the undefeated Eagles were also a trap game. I don't think this team has played as well as their previously unbeaten record warrants. They've been doing it with smoke and mirrors, and Pittsburgh exposed that. They certainly are not a bad team, just not an excellent one.

There was a lot of deception out there this week, hope you were able to side step most of it.