Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2004, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Best album you have bought in the last 6 months thread.

1) Blindside : About A Burning Fire

Best melodic hardcore album to come out in the last year, period. Great, great record.

+ 1000 for Blindside! I especially loved their last album "Silence."

Fabulous band. Do not let the fact that they are sometimes labeled "CCM" deter you from listening. Liking Jesus is not a bad thing. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Also, I cannot believe that Coheed & Cambria's "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth" has not been mentioned yet. My pick for album of the century so far. Absolutely fantastic hardcore/progressive/sci-fi rock/emo/indescribable/whatever it is record. Just buy it please.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:28 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

that is lame. the people that are "still buying" are the better people.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:59 AM

I recently purchased the Steve Vai DVD, Live at the Astoria and just got around to watching it the other night. During one of the last songs, I think it was the Attitude song, he has a guest performer come on stage whom I have never heard of before. The guest performer was another Guitarist who was playing a Dobro. My jaw hit the floor watching this guy tear it up! I'm a sucker for good blues guitar and the way this guy attacked his instrument reminded me of 'old school' blues guitar players who are all dead now. I was amazed. You just don't see people who play like this anymore.

I learned from the credits that this was Eric Sardinas and from his website, I got a list of everything he's done to date. I made a b-line to the nearest music store. The only thing I could find was his first (of 3) records, 'Treat me Right'. It is simply awesome.

This far and away the best thing I've bought this year.

Bubbagump