Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Re: O Doyle\'s Army - WE WANT YOU!

Just a quick count me in if the terms are right.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't realize we would have to dress up as American Soldiers!! Damn, whats next? Are we going to make the poker room hold elections!!

[/ QUOTE ]

My point illustrated beautifully.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really feel that both of you might have missed the main point which was doing something unique which would promote the poker site and us, as a group of high volume players.

The uniform idea can be reworked depending on what the majority of players think, but it still needs to be something unique and fun which will draw attention to ourselves.

We could be just simply known as "O Doyles" and when we would be cheering on our team members and they make a big hand, we of course we would need to yell, "O Doyle Rules!"
Old 07-24-2005, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Who wants $30,000 of my rake??? Poker sites, speak up or FHYP.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In Antwort auf:</font><hr />
Having a jersey, or some other kind of uniform, fine. But to associate poker with war is over-kill in my honest opinion. I sincerely hope I am not alone on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you. A consistent outfit across participants = good, army-style uniform = bad.

If anyone needs more convincing, think back to any fat soldiers/police officers you've seen and realize how ridiculous 75% of O'Doyle's Army will look in their gear.

Martin
Old 07-24-2005, 01:40 PM

for those of you just interested in getting a lot of rake back, over 100%, why not just prop. there's different sites that offer this, i've done it through premierpokerprops.com. Down side is you gotta play a small crummy site, but u get all ur rakeback, nice trade off.

mooks
Old 07-24-2005, 02:14 PM

keep me in on this....

4-6 months.....I'm in...Any site suits....
Old 07-24-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for those of you just interested in getting a lot of rake back, over 100%, why not just prop.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO. This is worth it only if done for one of the main 5 sites. As you say, almost anyone can get a prop deal at most of the smaller sites.

You want to do this in a site that offers good games. What's the point of having 200 2+2 tighties playing each other at poo mountain, for example?.

Take the gamesgrid experience, as another failed example.

I'd love to get a deal like this at Pokerstars.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ODoyle - you have started an interesting line of thinking, and as one might assume, everybody wants something - not necessarily for free, but more than they are currently getting. I see nothing wrong with this, and am now intrigued by the "skin" idea.

Perhaps there is enough interest here to warrant the purchase of a "skin". I would be willing to be a major participant (under the right conditions)in helping setup a company in a jurisdiction where online gaming is legal - and also helping fund the venture. This might be a better avenue than just giving significant play to an established site for a bonus.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Dogmeat,

You are quite correct, everybody wants something and usually exactly on their terms. This is just human nature.

The skin idea is a unique one, but let me make this very clear--I am not doing this to become a super affiliate or to be affiliated with a poker site in anyway other than as a player.

Here was my motivation as stated in my original post:

2. 1 WOULD NOW LIKE TO PROVE THAT POKER SITES WILL NEGOTIATE FOR A BLOCK OF PLAY FROM A SIZEABLE GROUP OF HIGH VOLUME PLAYERS.

Who said, "If we do not hang together, surely we will hang seperately."?

I think if we can hang together and focus on what I am trying to prove, it will be good for all players, especially the ones that are associated with our group.

Gaming Club evidently is looking at some sort of promo to do as a result of my 120K hand challenge and the one they did with Aamazon. Hopefully, they will consider working out a deal with us or they may just offer something to everyone which will benefit players who are not even aware of this post or my original 120K hands challenge with TruePoker. Hey and that is fine as it still benefits players.

My preference would be that a site will negotiate for our play and it will be a two way street where both the players and site benefit.

My focus has been and will continue to be what benefits us as players.

If O Doyle's Army becomes a household name and our members grow we could be an excellent voice, not for all, but for many, in promoting bonuses/deals for high volume players.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:26 PM

Hi All,

Just an update to let you all know the interested list stands at around 70 with all the PMs I have received.

Once again, anyone out there that does have an interest in this, please respond publicly as I think it will help the cause.

Two questions:

I did post about this at another small poker forum that had been following my progress in the TruePoker challenge and have got some interest there as well. Do you think it would be wise to cross post about this in other sections of this forum as well? (as I think alot of 2 + 2ers never make it to the zoo.)

I have already been in contact with some sites in regards to this idea--Does anyone here have a site in mind (other than the ones already mentioned in this thread) that they feel would be receptive to negotiations and why? If you prefer to pm me about this, that is fine.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

We would call our group O'Doyle's Army and would try to assemble (as a minimum) 100 players that would be willing to play a high number of hands at a poker site in exchange for a WSOP Main Event seat package or if possible another WSOP circuit main event or WPT event package that would occur sooner.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about an option to play a large number of tournaments instead?
Old 07-24-2005, 06:18 PM

As cooperative as Absolute has been on CS issues, and as liberal as they are with bonuses, they might be a site to suggest it to. Plus, their ARP are a nice way to track the status of the chase. I am not sure playing multitables there would be much fun, though.