Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Will the noise bother your roommate?

[ QUOTE ]
Was there two weeks ago and yes, if you are talking about some watered down stats department like Riverside then its possible that they are not from china.If ur talking Berkeley then there's no way in hell.
Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't figure out if your a biggot, or just an idiot.

Please do not spawn.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:36 PM

biggot? how do you figure? Idiot is possible.
Indy
Old 08-08-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I must be missing something. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

You're assuming because she doesn't stay out all night drinking that she isn't looking to bump uglies? It seems very clear that she is. And how would you be taking advantage. it sounds like she's the one working on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

jake is 100% on the money.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a foreign student, I have definitely made statements that have been misunderstood before.

[/ QUOTE ]

i could give a funny example of this [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was there two weeks ago and yes, if you are talking about some watered down stats department like Riverside then its possible that they are not from china.If ur talking Berkeley then there's no way in hell.
Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

dammit... I graduated from Riverside and I hate it when I'm reminded of how crappy that uni is. Not arguing the point, it just pisses me off!

ThisHo
Old 08-08-2005, 02:55 PM

Riverside is a good school, that is not what I meant. Thinman decided to superficially flame at me rather than understand what I was saying. Riverside is not known to be a really tough statistics dept. for grad school as is Wisconsin where I went. As for the quality of the undergrad curriculum I think its stellar. Good graduate schools in specific disciplines do not go hand in hand with the overall quality of the school. For example, Univ of Michigan is one of the best undergrad depts around, but its statistics department is easy to get a PhD from. Everybody knows that Harvard is a great school, but its PHD program in stats is candy azz.
Indy
Old 08-08-2005, 03:02 PM

Hey Wacki,

I used to date a Taiwanese excahnge student who was in the country learning English. While she was very shy and often said things that could be interpreted in "funny" ways - she was also a woman who knew what men and women do in bedrooms. Mind you, there is probably zero percent chance she is interested in a one night stand (the girl I dated and any number of her excahnge student friends never were), but there is a high probability that she is interested in "more" from you and would be happy to initiate the sequence with some mild fooling around.

In my experience with students from Asia, the "good" girls who were excellent students were always looking for north-american boyfriends - they liked to flirt and "show you off" to their friends, but they would never make the forst move. The "bad" girls (who would love nothing more than jump your bones and forget about it the next day), would have no problem getting you to jump them as soon as they got you into a room with a door that could be closed.

This is a good girl you can probably bone, but not without misleading her about the kind of relationship you two would have. It is up to you to choose which path to take.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:05 PM

jack,

good post. Agree totally.

Indy
Old 08-08-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wacki,

ahhhh a post that I can actually help with. Having been a graduate student in statistics myself (U. Wisconsin grad 2002) I can tell you that these asian students often give off mixed signals that are not easy to understand. You have to remember that the asian students picked to come to the USA are the absolute crem de la crem and have spent their entire lives studying mathematics at a level that most americans will never even understand. This girl prolly has zero social skills and is just trying to be friendly. Seriously, she is prolly from Peking University (did you ask). These students study so hard and are so narrow in mathematics that they don't learn how to properly interact with people in a sociably acceptable way. She is probably trying to tell you that she is excited that you could be her american friend and mayyyybe boyfriend. Again, I would be very careful with this one. You want to spend more time around her before you draw any conclusions. And be sure that sticking it in her pooper is not going to happen and you prolly shouldnt want it to.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my god I actually agree with Indiana's advice. Wow.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:13 PM

you see, just because i have no musical sense does not make me a bad guy.

Indy