Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2005, 09:18 AM

Default Re: rusty??

Federov is goin far if they hype up his story one more time. When they mentioned his schtick amongst 400 other people its hard to remember. If they do some vignette on him and reitterate that stuff the American public will fall in love with him.

They eventually will take a fairy tale spin on him if he gets to the final 12 or whatever. At that point if they "push" him, he will easily be at the final 4. I think it will all come down to how they choose to market him. Granted this is if his singing is just average from this point forward compared to the group.

I do honestly believe he can deliver a breakout performance a lot more easily than the majority of the field.

One negative thing is I am unsure if the American public can cope with a "Federov" as an "American" Idol.

This guy is a volcano, it's just a question if he erupts in time.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:34 PM

Default Re: american idol *lock*

Ok Im in. At least itll make watching the show more enjoyable.

5 ANWAR ROBINSON(31249) $13 (He will win if there is justice)
8 NADIA TURNER(31268) $8 (Shell go far on looks and a good performer)
10 AMANDA AVILA(31260) $5 (Shes hot so wont be voted out too early)
2 MIKALAH GORDON(31267) $3 (I had $6 left in the account)
Old 02-24-2005, 12:39 PM

ANWAR ROBINSON(31249) $13

while nobody else here seems to like him, i think this your best play by far on that list.

anwar is awesome and i have been looking at him hard for a while.

the rest of your buys are good for toilet paper

Old 02-24-2005, 12:50 PM

just found it

<font color="green"> Bucks County's teen "Idol" is safe for now. Which might not be a good thing.

For his first performance for the critical call-in vote episode of "American Idol" on Monday night, Anatoliy "Anthony" Fedorov picked another ballad - Richard Marx's "Hold on to the Night."

The judges called his song choice a safe one for Fedorov, who has shown a preference for love songs in the competition.

"Good. A little boring," Randy Jackson said.

"Safe," Paula Abdul said, adding that Fedorov has great pipes and he should "go for it."

"Dull as dishwater … completely predictable," was Simon Cowell's assessment.

Will America agree? Tune in Wednesday night when the first two guys and two girls are sent home.

Fedorov of Lower Southampton is the first Lower Bucks resident to reach the finals of the popular Fox reality show. Doylestown native Justin Guarini, the first-season runner-up, lost to Kelly Clarkson.

Fedorov, 19, is proving to be a popular early favorite on the show. Before Idol judges revealed Fedorov made the finalist cut last week, his name generated 284 hits on the Google search engine. As of Monday afternoon, the total was 1,550. Fan clubs, Web blogs, Internet chat rooms - there are a lot of people who can't stop talking about this so-called blonde Russian who has been compared to second-season runner-up Clay Aiken. The online auction house eBay is selling 2005 wall calendars featuring Fedorov's photo.

For the next three weeks of Idol competition, the guys perform on Monday and the girls on Tuesday, with callers voting each night. The two Idols with the fewest votes each week are cut until 12 finalists - six guys, six girls - are left. Then the 12 contestants will perform each week with one eliminated every week until the final round.

<font color="red">As a child, Fedorov suffered medical problems and underwent a tracheotomy; doctors told his family he would never speak.</font><font color="green"> His family left Ukraine for the United States 10 years ago. After graduating from Neshaminy in 2003, he attended Bucks County Community College, where until about a month ago he was registered for the spring semester, said college spokeswoman Jean Dolan. A music major, Fedorov remains an active student according to BCCC records. He enrolled at the college in January 2004.

His first semester at BCCC, Fedorov took Voice Minor 3, taught by retired music professor Helen Holcombe. Immediately she recognized his talent, said Holcombe, a professor emeritus.
"He was really pretty good - excellent," Holcombe said. "I asked him what was he doing at the college?"

All about Anthony

What is in your CD player right now?

Marc Anthony

What’s your favorite type of music?

I love Spanish music, things like Spanish ballads and salsa. I also like soul — Stevie Wonder, Peabo Bryson, Michael Bolton.

When did you first start to sing?

Age 6

Do you have any formal singing training?

No

What other talents do you have?

I’m pretty good in sports.

If you don’t make it on “American Idol” what will you do?

Continue to find other ways to break through and also continue to go to college

What are your personal goals in life?

1. Become a successful recording artist.
2. Have a family of my own someday.
3. Help my family out.
4. Find a way to combine a relationship and my career to make it work.

</font>
Old 02-24-2005, 12:51 PM

If you read my explanations the only one on that list I feel may win is Robinson. The others Im hoping to trade and feel there is a good chance they make the cut to 12 contestants. I am sure Robinson and Turner will make the cut. I think Avila might because she is hot...... she was a pure gamble and would sell as soon as I could make just a few bucks. The other one was just because I had $6 left and I was able to buy 2 shares....... and while she doesnt sing that well the judges like her
Old 02-24-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had $6 left in the account

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 02-24-2005, 12:52 PM

i love constantine AND bo LB. they should make final 6 guys imo. i would keep these positions for now.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you read my explanations the only one on that list I feel may win is Robinson. The others Im hoping to trade and feel there is a good chance they make the cut to 12 contestants. I am sure Robinson and Turner will make the cut. I think Avila might because she is hot...... she was a pure gamble and would sell as soon as I could make just a few bucks. The other one was just because I had $6 left and I was able to buy 2 shares....... and while she doesnt sing that well the judges like her

[/ QUOTE ]

comprende..

all i am saying is that while i love nadia, i don't think she has the talent to sustain her into top 10 so you are likely looking at highest contract value as is. i don't think amanda will last long at ALL (hot or not, tho she is VERY hot. Granny can say this since declaring my lesbianism), and if mikalah does not drop the JAP/streisand schtick, she will not play to middle or southern america.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
while i love nadia, i don't think she has the talent to sustain her into top 10 so you are likely looking at highest contract value as is

[/ QUOTE ]
I suck! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
and if mikalah does not drop the JAP/streisand schtick

[/ QUOTE ]

That was sooooo annoying...... but for somereason the judges liked it....... who knows. Time will tell. Worst case scenario I lose $200 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2005, 01:09 PM

Gran,

I am glad you are back and posting a good bit again. This is pretty fun and I have to say poker changes the way you view these things, a few hundred here or there is not a big deal.

My theory on AI (and I am no expert mind you) is somewhat similar to yours, there is a lot of value in some mid range picks now that we know who has talent and who does not. The thing is the higher priced picks are overvalued because we have seen over the years a lot can change in the next few weeks.

Completely off topic, tilt just set in out of nowhere this morning. Sure I lost a $800 pot with 75% pot equity but heck I busted JJ with TT and AA and KK with a set of sixes. I raised utg eight handed with A-9o and I was like ok time for a break. No more poker today. Funny thing is I am pretty solid at not tilting, it one of my big strengths.

[Back to non poker discussion]

I think the rockers will do pretty well, at this point I am looking for survivors not winners. I really think Lindsey is not a bad bet.