Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Re: i need to spend some money

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How's that trebuchet coming along?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thread hi-jack -- My wife 86ed the idea (My daughter and I have already conspired to make it her 8th grade project). We are researching the best one to build.

My daughter selected studying the impact of exercise on heart rate. She will devise an easy activity that will elevate heart rate. The test subject's heart rate will take prior to the exercise and at timed intervals after the exercise. This will measure how long it takes for the heartbeat to return to normal. The results will be segregated by age/sex to see if there are any trends.

I will probably start a thread looking for volunteers within certian age ranges who want to help once she comes up with the methodology.

(Before the flaming starts, yes I suck at parenting)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, you were planning to build a trebuchet?

One of my best friends from HS and his brother are working on a trebuchet that should pretty much demolish the world record for throwing whatever they throw in such contests. You should go ahead and build the treb anyway, they're sweet.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:43 PM

Old 11-09-2005, 12:57 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i think you would have to be insane to get one of those for 2k instead of a mame cabinet
Old 11-09-2005, 01:03 PM

Purchase Terrel Owen's services. Hes got some time on his hands.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you would have to be insane to get one of those for 2k instead of a mame cabinet

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but there's just something about having the 'real thing'. Also, I'm leery of any (Ms) Pac Man games that aren't the original of originals, because any time I play something other than the original, something seems off - either the speeds or the controls or the maze geometry... something. And the bottom line is I want Ms. Pac Man more than anything else.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:12 PM

If you want a pet get one of these:

Here is how to take care of it.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but there's just something about having the 'real thing'. Also, I'm leery of any (Ms) Pac Man games that aren't the original of originals, because any time I play something other than the original, something seems off - either the speeds or the controls or the maze geometry... something. And the bottom line is I want Ms. Pac Man more than anything else.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dammit, Astroglide! Now you've got me wanting to build my own mame cabinet. I think it'd be badass to build myself one all huge like the X-Men/Simpsons 4-player games that could handle everything from Pac Man to X-Men/Simpsons/TMNT and Mortal Kombat/Street Fighter, NBA Jam, Viper, and everything in between. My wife and my p*ker both loathe you right now.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:33 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

it seems like with your personality the actual building part would be more rewarding for you than most too
Old 11-09-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it seems like with your personality the actual building part would be more rewarding for you than most too

[/ QUOTE ]

Good lord, I have a couple of spare mobo's and CPU's laying around. I could easily build one of these.

Well, one more project to add to the list....
Old 11-10-2005, 05:22 AM

Urethal Sounds. Ive never tried them, and probably wont bother, but its a fav way for some guys to enjoy themselves.

Can be found here Urethral Sounds