Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Biggest celebrity in your ring game?

http://www.statemedia.net/moviewin.php?id=75
Old 03-21-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Biggest celebrity in your ring game?

[ QUOTE ]
Todd Bridges($1-2HE at Hollywood Park)
Corey Feldman($1-2 stud at Commerce)

Both of those were several years ago.

My friend played with Lou Diamond Phillips in the $600 buy in NL game at Commerce a few months ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

D'oh! You stole my Todd Bridges story! Except that we were at Bellagio in April of 2001 and it was 4-8 HE. And he kept talking to some bearded guy in sunglasses whom, right before I got up to go catch my flight, I realized was Jason Priestly of 90210 fame.

Another time, about a year ago, I say down in the $10-20 limit game at Harrah's in New Orleans and an interesting older gentlemen sat down. Everyone else at the table seemed to know who he was and he carried himself with that semi-bored semi-aloof attitude that famous people have when they mix with the proles... I pegged him for some kind of musician. A white guy (I think) - looked like Yule Brenner in the face and rather large statured. He was wearing lots of rings on his fingers, shaved bald, wearing a black t-shirt and knit skullcap, muscled up, had a soulpatch on his lower lip, and was playing every hand, always having to put in the last raise - not necessarily capping it, but always having to have the last raise if it came to that. He only played for about half an hour before moving to the NL game. For the life of me I never figured out who he was, but for some reason he just scared the sh*t out of me, both through his demeanor (ie he looked like he could have me killed and dumped in the river within 5 minutes and think nothing of it) and the maniac-style that he had.