Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 09:32 AM

Default Re: Where to?

You're stupid if you think suicide bombers kill themselves and others because they are trying to "impose Koranic law." As many people eloquently explained to you, our own nation (the U.S.) and many other nations, and many other groups of people have targetted civilians to meet political agenda.

In this case they are retaliating against oppression, invasion, and enslavement (funny you wrote what was actually happening but I think you are truly confused enough to believe that our intent is to liberate.)

Terrorism has nothing to do with Islam any more than it has to do with Christianity or Judaism. It simply has to do with man and war.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:49 AM

You need to read more of what it actually says in the Koran before making such sweeping statements.

And no, I am not saying that is the only reason suicide bombers blow themselves up. In fact, I wasn't even talking about suicide bombers.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're stupid if you think suicide bombers kill themselves and others because they are trying to "impose Koranic law." As many people eloquently explained to you, our own nation (the U.S.) and many other nations, and many other groups of people have targetted civilians to meet political agenda.

In this case they are retaliating against oppression, invasion, and enslavement (funny you wrote what was actually happening but I think you are truly confused enough to believe that our intent is to liberate.)

Terrorism has nothing to do with Islam any more than it has to do with Christianity or Judaism. It simply has to do with man and war.

[/ QUOTE ]

There seems to be little reason to believe this is true. It is undisputed that the ideological aim of al Qaeda is to establish fundamentalist Islamic governments in Muslim countries and in the West.

While it's true that Western actions may serve to radicalize people who become terrorists, it's a little preposterous to suggest that those are the real reasons behind terrorist actions. Leaving aside the fact that 9/11, the embassy bombings, the Cole bombing, etc., etc., occured before we invaded Afghanistan or Iraq, can you really argue that the reason civilians are being regularly and intentionally killed by bombs in Iraq is to avenge the accidental killing of civilians during the invasion?

Maybe you should go out and avenge the election of Bush by voting Republican.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:25 AM

Default Re: The Liberal Mind

the religious right whose thought process is epitomized by your quote.
I'm an atheist.

Wolfowitz's contribution to the iraq war plan was based on his refusal to give up the asinine belief that saddam was somehow affiliated with 9/11. If he didn't believe this, then it was merely propaganda to convince easily fooled conservatives.
There were many reasons to invade Iraq. The decision to invade was OVERwhelmingly approve by congress. Last time I heard, Defense under-secretaries do not get to vote. Let me guess, you think Wolfowitz is a member of the "Illuminati", the "Trilateral Commission", and a been involved in secret negotiations with aliens. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] As for the WMD intellgence, John Kerry, the Senate intelligence committe, gets the SAME inteiiligence that Bush gets. Yet that phony John Kerry speaks out against Hussein's WMD before the war (his audio quotes are played all the time on "right-wing" radio [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) and then a few months later he has the chutzpah to claim that Bush misled him. I would think it was funny except for so many Democrats still find this fool to be credible. The facts are Hussein had WMD, he kicked out the UN weapons inspectors, and later Hussein claimed he destroy these weapons with out showing any evidence. Hussein does not have a good track record of telling the truth so I think you can understand if I don't take his word for it. The undisputed facts are:
(1) Iraqi WMD existed,
(2) Now, no one can find the WMD (except for a few sarin artillary rounds),
(3) No one EXCEPT Hussein knows what happen to the WMD.
Biological/Chemical weapons programs are easy to hide. Just destroy the inventory, keep the equipment and seed stocks, hide them, and wait until the heat is off and start mass production again. Unfortunately for Hussein he picked the wrong president to mess with and he will never regain power.

Have you seen the polls taken about a year after 9/11 with the shockingly high number of people who thought iraq was behind 9/11? those weren't liberals,
The facts are most people in the USA pay little attantion to the details of world events and politics. Some radio shows interview Democrat voters on the street and ask them questions like who is the Vice President, who is the presidential candidate running against Bush, etc... The answers are hilarious. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It is kind of scary that you have people voting for Kerry when they don't know anything about Kerry EVEN his name. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] As for 9/11, there may be no evidence that Hussein was involved in 9/11 but there *IS* evidence he had ties with Al Qaeda and other terrorist organizations. There is evidence that Hussein provided financial aid to terrorists. Or are you going to take the position that there is Al Qaeda in the USA, Britain, Pakistan, France, Saudia Arabia, etc... but not pre-war Iraq.

those were conservatives "ignoring evidence that may have shattered their comfertable belief system" not only do many conservatives(not all, mainly the clowns like yourself)ignore evidence,
Your pulling a bait-and-switch play on the topic at hand. Two polls in this post subject were provided which show that a large number of muslims support Osama Bin Laden and the use of violence to further Islam. Instead of directly refuting this evidence with evidence you try to steer the conversation away from the topic at hand. Nice try. But evidently you are unable to dispute the results of the polls showing that many muslims support terrorism.

i hope you reach a point where you see the folly of your ways.
As a matter of fact I have seen the folly of my ways. Back in college, I use to be a liberal who hated Ronald Reagan. But these pesky things like facts entered my brain and I turned things around. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Question, do you or do you not like sean hannity?
1. Sean Hannity: No, he is not much of an intellectual and I find his arguments to be crude. But for some reason he has a huge radio audience.
2. Rush Limbaugh: Yes, he has a great sense of humor and it is a lot of fun to listen to his radio show. I have had a lot of disagreements with Rush (Schiavo case, medical marijuana, and more) but he does his homework and his political analysis is uncanningly accurate.
3. Michael Savage: Not really. I agree with many of the things he says and he makes some great points but he is a little too pessimistic for me to listen to.
4. G.Gordon Liddy. Yes! G.Gordon is probably one of the most intellectual people on talk radio today. I believe he is in his 70's now and I have noticed he does not have the razor-sharp mind that he had 5 years ago but he still one of the sharper minds on the radio.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:41 AM

The country of their birth? For some that is the USA.
Muslim citizens stay. If they violate the law, there should go to jail. For foreign Muslims, I would like to see those who advocate hate/violence to be deported. Also I would like to see a 20 year immigration freeze of foreigners from Muslim countries. Why? The polls show far too many of them support Bin Laden and the use of terrorism to further Islam. It is counter-productive to allow immigration of foreigners, where a significant percentage, who support terrorism and violence. Self-defense is not a sin and we are not obligated to be friendly with those who despise "infidels".

What about those who dont say anything but think it. Perhaps a thought police is needed in your vision of the USA. Perhaps secret informants scattered through the community spying and reporting on citizens. If suspected, perhaps splinters under finger nails to extract "confessions". Long ago it was demonstrated that you have strong fascist tendencies this line of thinking once again demonstrates that.
Don't be such a drama queen.
The police state you describe occurs in mulsim countries not the USA.

Hint: for the world to be at peace and for us to prosper the Muslims and non-Muslim must be able to live side-by-side and on the same street.
According to whom? The west prospers while the Islamic world lives largely in poverty. They need the West more than the West needs them. Until they learn to behave in a civilized way there is no reason to interact with them. In Israel they are building a wall around their country. Sounds like a good idea to me.

How are you going to steer them into meeting this objective?
Invade Iraq, install a democracy, and hope the new government prospers. If it does prosper then it will be a beacon of light in the Arab world. If the new govt fails, well we're back to where we started from.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:57 AM

Default Terrorism Statistics: Islam the Religion of Peace?

I'm sure glad Islam is the religion of peace. Things would be REALLY BAD if Islam was the religion of violence. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

http://www.state.gov/s/ct/rls/pgtrpt/2003/33771.htm

Mmmmmmmmmmmm.......It is interesting that there is such a BIG SPIKE of terrorists incidents in the middle east. Unfortunately they are not very specific about the Asia category. But I suspect Pakistan, Thai Muslims, Philipine Muslims, and Indonesia are the biggest contributors to the terrorim in the Asian category.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:08 PM

No, the initial attacks are because we go to their countries, kill their leaders, institute our own puppets to plunder their resources and enslave their populations- and all in the name of democracy and freedom.

At least when Rome did it they did not try to mislead their citizenry.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: The Liberal Mind

couple quick points: as for wolfowitz, i don't think he's in the illuminati, i think there's some insight to be gleaned on his capabilities in Richard Clarke's book. the book is a little shoddy overall, but i don't think it's pure fiction. secondly, i'm not claiming that there was no al-quaeda presence in iraq pre-war, but relatively speaking, i would say there was very little. if you know anything of the nature of al quaeda and the hussein regime you will agree with this. i also agree with you that it is entirely possible that there was some degree of wmd in iraq. however, of all the countries with wmd, i would say that iraq was very low on the list of countries with wmd that would supply them to terrorists. if there were wmd in iraq, i can garuntee you that terrorists have alot easier access to them now then they did pre war. with hussein gone, military with access to wmd are free to sell to the highest bidder. "only hussein knows where they are." what, he put the "goods" in his pockets, and hid them himself. As for your muslim statistics, i find them a little dubious. if there is anything to them, the context of the question is key. i have spent some time in the middle east, and have met only two people who voiced any kind of support for either of your two criteria. if you think 50+% of jordanians view the london bombings favorably, you're crazy. i would guess alot of the repsodants in the poll you cite are referencing palestian action in israel. herever you stand on the israel/palestinian issue, not even you can chalk arab anger at israel as mere "muslim craziness".
Old 07-26-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, the initial attacks are because we go to their countries, kill their leaders, institute our own puppets to plunder their resources and enslave their populations- and all in the name of democracy and freedom.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... Like we did in Saudi Arabia...Oh wait that was Abdul Aziz Ibn Saud conquered all of the state of Saudi Arabia at the turn of the century and America wasn't involved

Well, Like Pakistan....Wait that was the British and they gave them independence and they have had several coups of which none the Americans where involved...

Well, then like Afghanistan...Oh wait that was the British also and they left almost a hundred years ago and they have been on their own til Amanullah took over. And the only involvement that America had was aiding the freedom fighters when the Russians invaided with no intention of leaving.

There are more examples of where we have clearly "go[ne] to their countries, kill their leaders, institute our own puppets to plunder their resources and enslave their populations" if you want me to give you more.

-Gryph
Old 07-26-2005, 02:28 PM

This is effective?

All somebody has to do is lie.

You have not answered where to ship them off to if they are not naturalized.

The average muslim is not interested in the fiction of the world wide Koraninc rule. Even the Daniel Pipes article you highlighted shows this to be the case. Misuse by the militant,extremist loons.