Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 04:49 PM

Default DERG update

Meanwhile, poor DERG is wishing he had followed Alan Schoonmaker's advice to finish college before going pro.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Re: What\'s With This DERB?

[ QUOTE ]
i have significant evidence that rosamunda is lojka.

2nd hand source from a primary source. so take that as you will.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Derb (Rosamunda) used to be under my affiliate and he knows all these guys from Ljubjana.

Here are the stats I have on Rosamunda from the old 30/60:

30/17.5/2 5k hands, +25k!!
Old 11-07-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't post here ever because I play NL, but do read a lot of the threads here because there are some great posters. You guys are going crazy over this.

He doesn't play the standard 2p2 style and people are going off the deep end. Accusing him of cheating, chip dumping, collusion, are you kidding?

What exactly is the fascination with this player? 2p2 is not the mecca of the poker world. This forum does not set the standard of what a poker player should do. There is much more to this game than playing tight and relatively unimaginative poker with playing a ton of tables. That style is certainly profitable and it's basically what I do, but the sheer disbelief that people have been showing is shocking.

In all seriousness I don't understand why he has gotten so much attention. Is it really that earth shattering to you guys that someone is bucking the general trend of 2p2? Someone clear this up for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo # 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

If people who don't even play mid and high stakes hold 'em could please refrain from ever posting in this forum again, I'd really appreciate it. You all sound like morons, especially people who come in with their authoritative "bingo" posts who likely don't even understand what is being argued. You people aren't providing revolutionary new insight. Most of these things have been considered and discussed ad naseum.

Nobody with a clue places cheating/chip dumping as the #1 or 2 most likely scenarios. It's highly likely that he is a small winner(or a loser, but let's find a middle ground) who is running insanely hot. We really don't need any more long retarded threads that are filled with opinions of self-righteous people who think they are going to finally be the voice of reason that makes everyone else see the light.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

So who should I check with to make sure I can start posting here? Are you the head chieftan or something? You could have easily said the same thing and sounded reasonable and not like such a righteous douchebag yourself.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't post here ever because I play NL, but do read a lot of the threads here because there are some great posters. You guys are going crazy over this.

He doesn't play the standard 2p2 style and people are going off the deep end. Accusing him of cheating, chip dumping, collusion, are you kidding?

What exactly is the fascination with this player? 2p2 is not the mecca of the poker world. This forum does not set the standard of what a poker player should do. There is much more to this game than playing tight and relatively unimaginative poker with playing a ton of tables. That style is certainly profitable and it's basically what I do, but the sheer disbelief that people have been showing is shocking.

In all seriousness I don't understand why he has gotten so much attention. Is it really that earth shattering to you guys that someone is bucking the general trend of 2p2? Someone clear this up for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo # 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

If people who don't even play mid and high stakes hold 'em could please refrain from ever posting in this forum again, I'd really appreciate it. You all sound like morons, especially people who come in with their authoritative "bingo" posts who likely don't even understand what is being argued. You people aren't providing revolutionary new insight. Most of these things have been considered and discussed ad naseum.

Nobody with a clue places cheating/chip dumping as the #1 or 2 most likely scenarios. It's highly likely that he is a small winner(or a loser, but let's find a middle ground) who is running insanely hot. We really don't need any more long retarded threads that are filled with opinions of self-righteous people who think they are going to finally be the voice of reason that makes everyone else see the light.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

So who should I check with to make sure I can start posting here? Are you the head chieftan or something? You could have easily said the same thing and sounded reasonable and not like such a righteous douchebag yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can send rough drafts of your post to me first, that sounds like it should work.
-James
Old 11-07-2005, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In all seriousness I don't understand why he has gotten so much attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly can't speak for the most of the posters in this trainwreck of a thread, but he has my attention because if he is truely winning as much as he appears to be, figuring out how and why could allow me to make significantly more money.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: This is why I am done with 2+2 until this recent trend subsides . . .

what kind of a caddy..
Old 11-07-2005, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well you stated it yourself, you play NL and there are a thousand ways to skin a cat at NL but limit even at the higher levels (full ring) is mechanical. Yes you can vary a bit but you can't put in so many bets badly and still come out such a huge winner. Metagame stuff doesn't really work in 9 or 10 player online games. Believe what you want but the metagame stuff does not make Any Significant difference when the variables are full ring ring games + online.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:06 PM

Default Re: This is why I am done with 2+2 until this recent trend subsides . . .

Don't go with a new Cadillac. I'm driving an old school Brougham and living large.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
don't post here ever because I play NL, but do read a lot of the threads here because there are some great posters. You guys are going crazy over this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you comming from a NL background is messing you up a bit. In NL, preflop doesnt matter much. Also, post-flop is so open ended, and metagame so important, that you can gt away with many many different styles.

Limit is not like this.

Sure, there are certainly "alternate" play styles that can win money, which are not in line with much 2+2 dogma. But as someone else said, players with significantly deviant stats DO NOT win money at high limits, except for DERB. Unlike in NL, it is not easy to make up for obviously -ev plays, especially preflop and on these DERB calldowns. At mid-high limits, opponents are generally too good and edges too small to make many mistakes like this.

The "he plays differently, so what, 2p2 tag isnt the only winning style" arguement would be much better if there were ANY other players who were playing close to DERB's style and winning. There isnt. There are many thousands that play his style and lose. This is why this is worth so much discussion.

Edit: it looks like NLfool kinda beat me too it
Old 11-07-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo # 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

-James

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, I have no clue. Nevermind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, are you even a winning player?