Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 02:10 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: Another awesome idea for you

how will you stop shill voting from fake accounts, though? it sounds like a cool idea, but i think an executioner council could be selected to do the votes (anonymously if desired, but it should probably be known who they are).
Old 10-16-2005, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how will you stop shill voting from fake accounts, though? it sounds like a cool idea, but i think an executioner council could be selected to do the votes (anonymously if desired, but it should probably be known who they are).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly why the vote will not be conducted by poll but rather by post.

that is you will have to make a post stating your vote. This will allow me to enforce my voting restrictions. I may allow votes condcucted via PM as well.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that is you will have to make a post stating your vote. This will allow me to enforce my voting restrictions. I may allow votes condcucted via PM as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, this is an ingenious way to clean up the message boards: have everyone in the forum post about who they don't want clogging up their message boards.

I-R-O-N-Y.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, this is an ingenious way to clean up the message boards: have everyone in the forum post about who they don't want clogging up their message boards.

I-R-O-N-Y.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got you slotted for week 4 gildwulf.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:30 AM

This idea has gayness written all over it.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I-R-O-N-Y.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got you slotted for week 4 gildwulf.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you don't see the irony in this?
Old 10-16-2005, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Question #2 needs to be addressed. Seriously, how many peopple here are going to "fight" to remain a poster on OOT if [censored] picks you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a valid question... and because of this, maybe we could get some side action going... sort of an OOT challenge.

Example, Thinman can challenge Jake. If Jake accepts the challenge, which we know he will [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img], Jake would get to set the consequences (ie no posting in OOT for 2 weeks, etc.). We can then let OOT decide what the challenge will be based on (D.S. MS Paint sketch, etc.). We'd give'em 2 days or whatever to meet the challenge the best they can and then we decide the winner.

Thoughts? Good idea or am I just a tard?
Old 10-16-2005, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Question #2 needs to be addressed. Seriously, how many peopple here are going to "fight" to remain a poster on OOT if [censored] picks you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a valid question... and because of this, maybe we could get some side action going... sort of an OOT challenge.

Example, Thinman can challenge Jake. If Jake accepts the challenge, which we know he will [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img], Jake would get to set the consequences (ie no posting in OOT for 2 weeks, etc.). We can then let OOT decide what the challenge will be based on (D.S. MS Paint sketch, etc.). We'd give'em 2 days or whatever to meet the challenge the best they can and then we decide the winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be the one making the decisions around here. Just be happy I decided to include you people in the process at all.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:40 AM

If this idea was on a 1-10 scale, 10 being the best possible thing to ever happen. I would vote, awesome.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be the one making the decisions around here. Just be happy I decided to include you people in the process at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously this would be self-imposed. Many people around here tend to get all bent out of shape with other posters and these things tend to drag on and inject themselves into many posts.. etc. This would just be an opportunity for someone to "man-up" if the wish and set things straight if they so declare to. There would not need to be any mod interaction here and if the consequences broken, would most likely lead to nothing more than OOT criticism or piling up. This would be something totally unique from your proposal which I also [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

edit: Think of it basically as an OOT prop bet. The bet could be anything and the challenge like-wise. It could be nothing more than having the winner select the losers avatar (which has been done before), or for $$, or drinks, or whatever.. It would not necessarily have anything to do with banning, exile, etc. although it could.