Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2004, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Re-read your posts after 50,000 hands....

"1. An excellent player misses the nuts at the river."

Well i agree that most excellent players dont, but then again, if you consider that this player might be playing 6+ tables it is very possible that you once in in awhile do misread the hand and check the nut hand, it shouldnt happen to often couse if it does you better play less tables..
Old 12-06-2004, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Bot complaint

its actually a lot easier to program a bot to beat low limit nl tables. here, i will even give you the algorithm.

Raise preflop 4xBB with AA-JJ, AKs, AKo. Push if reraised. Push on the flop regardless.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:59 PM

Second line: see the flop cheap with smaller PPs and push if a set flops.

Wow now we have a bot that can make a lot of profit on Party. Any comments from people saying it's next to impossible to make a profitable NL bot?
Old 12-06-2004, 09:01 PM

we are geniuses rah
Old 12-07-2004, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, they use that "chess is a game of complete information" line as well. How do they know my next move? If just makes me laugh everyone time I read it. Maybe they should rephrase it. I see what their saying, I obviously don't have any chess pieces up my sleeve but you certainly don't know my next move. You can make a guess at what I'm most likely going to do.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have obviously never read a single book on game theory. These terms have precise (mathematical) definitions. To answer your specific challenge: in a game of perfect information, your next move doesn't matter since -- by virtue of being able to see all the pieces -- we can plan for all of the possible outcomes.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:16 AM

Your claims are ridiculous, MS Sunshine. It is much, much easier for a computer to identify the nuts than for a computer to be a winning player in the first place. Writing the former function would take any competent programmer about 5 minutes.

Party support, on the other hand, is clearly run by bots.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party support, on the other hand, is clearly run by bots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally a bot claim I am willing to believe!
Old 12-07-2004, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If this Bytestream can write a poker bot, my pot head friends from college can fly a car powered by hemp to Jupiter and score with hot Jupiter skanks.

I believe if he is taking master's level engineering courses
and he is a winning player, then he has the intelligence to write a bot. I have taken grad level electrical engineering courses and in my opinion every one of my classmates has the intelligence to write the algorithm for a winning bot. Then you could hire a code monkey for the rest. Yes it is that easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another post by someone who fails to understand that it is not currently possible.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If this Bytestream can write a poker bot, my pot head friends from college can fly a car powered by hemp to Jupiter and score with hot Jupiter skanks.

I believe if he is taking master's level engineering courses
and he is a winning player, then he has the intelligence to write a bot. I have taken grad level electrical engineering courses and in my opinion every one of my classmates has the intelligence to write the algorithm for a winning bot. Then you could hire a code monkey for the rest. Yes it is that easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another post by someone who fails to understand that it is not currently possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Total nonsense. Why do people talk about things they don't know about? You, for example.

eastbay
Old 12-07-2004, 11:50 PM

Wake up call, have you taken engineering /cpsc classes at research level? Or are you familiar with the problems these people are trying to solve? Building a bot that beats party low limit wouldn't even get you a master's thesis at most places. I was browsing the net to look for neural network research and came across this scandinavian undergrad class where they built poker bots that played against each other. This wasn't even an undergraduate thesis...was simly a class project.