Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Mahatma[no content]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just skimmed this thread but yeah, when they both get deep and you're 400k up it's time to leave. I can't imagine anyone being comfortable playing against any player using a LAG style with those stacks, no matter how much you've won from LHE.

[/ QUOTE ]

And judging from the way knockout played that straight, yes he definitely should have quit.

[/ QUOTE ]

over?

results?

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Knockout finished up 250K i think.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:20 AM

i watched them play i wasnt assuming anything, he clearly misplayed at least one hand where he could have broken prahlad easily (KK v Q9)

obviously he could have a multimillion dollar roll, but its not too terribly likely he has that, and one session totaling all of your tournament wins ever for a prolific tournament player would seem like something to hold on to, yes?

isnt he a limit player primarily when it comes to cash games? maybe he sat to gamble with a wild player, people do that occassionally even when they have no edge.

even if he THINKS he has an edge on prahlad, i dont think you could really defend that position, unless its a prereq that prahlad is stuck and bleeding like a pig

btw [ QUOTE ]

youre contradicting yourself a bit? seems like once youve won a ton off a player like this its best to quit and not overjudge his tilt level and dump it back

[/ QUOTE ]

respond to if you want to actually discuss this more, and i think this is a worthwhile conversation as i personally have issues with deciding when to stop playing, over and beyond the edge issue, because thats not the end all of session length management

as prahlad might utter,

word
Old 11-14-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
theres no reason to keep playing with someone when they just lost 500k to you unluckily and you arent outplaying them

i think he should have kept playing when prahlad only had 50grand or so on the table, prahlad was playing poorly, after he wins a huge pot though he is very motivated to play well and try to get even. why risk giving it all back, thats just sick if you dont have the roll to even play the game

i looked at this guys tournament finishes and theyre like 300k, winning half a mill in one night at HU poker is a huge accomplishment, and it cant get any better, why risk the win?

he risked 150k to win 30k (prahlad avg stack at one long period), got outplayed like we all knew he eventually would, and lost alot of it back

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. you make a ton of assumptions in this. the biggest being you think i_knockyou_u thinks he doesn't have an edge, which obviously isn't true since the game started.

tournament finishs are a very small part of his guys br.

[/ QUOTE ]

mahatma stopped tilting after awhile and went back to his normal game.

there were a bunch of pots that knockout shouldve taken from mahatma. just pots on the turn and river where mahatam fast checked and i could tell he had given up from a mile away. it seemed to me that knockout was sitting around waiting for mahatma to give him his money, then somehow managed to get all of his money in on that river with his straight where he couldnt have been ahead.

maybe i am being unfair because i have such a strong read on mahatma, maybe they hadnt played before so he didnt have some of the reads i have, but he was not playing optimally, and was in my opinion very lucky that he won this much off mahatma.

he might have millions from limit, but can he really sit in the highest stake NL game and play with a guy who will bet 100K on a coin flip? why would he want to? i dont know what limit stakes he plays, but the variance here is so high that even with an edge he is gambling.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:40 AM

He started checking even if he was the aggressor on the flop? Thats a big change. When I left he bet everything, including firing the infamous allin on the river pretty much every hand.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He started checking even if he was the aggressor on the flop? Thats a big change. When I left he bet everything, including firing the infamous allin on the river pretty much every hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was when he stopped tilting. when he doubled up with the flush i dont think he was tilting anymore.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:48 AM

even a bleeding stuck pig is allowed to have a hand on occassion ;-)
Old 11-14-2005, 11:49 AM

Hmmm...jeah?!

http://www.pokermagazine.se/index.ph...amp;Itemid=113
Old 11-14-2005, 11:54 AM

Howd this game start anyways? was Prahlad waiting or was IKU?

As of a little over a month ago someone in the 100/200 was trying to get PF to play 2/4 and he wouldn't do it said it was too high. So did he get excited that IKU would play him at that level or does he usually play 2/4 now?
Old 11-14-2005, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm...jeah?!

http://www.pokermagazine.se/index.ph...amp;Itemid=113

[/ QUOTE ]
He says that his best game is HU NL and that he has been working as a model for a few years.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:03 PM

I don't understand why anyone would play this game without already having put aside enough money to retire for the rest of their lives. It's incredibly difficult to gauge your edge against top notch opponents, and like Kane is saying, the variance in this game is nuts.