Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2004, 10:00 PM

Default Re: Should everybody hate me for this?

[ QUOTE ]
You should have told him he should have 3 bet pre-flop instead of cold calling and maybe you would have folded.

You can't ever fold here. I would be pissed off that you caught me too but of course I'd realize you had top pair that turned into a flush draw. Were you supposed to fold to his mighty .50 flop raise! He could just as easily had bottom pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to have a quick enough mind to think of witty/interesting retorts to people's little digs like that. Ah well...

You mention that I should never have folded this hand. How about if I had not improved or picked up any draws on the turn? I was pretty sure that the other guy also held a king, and from the reraise probably a better king.

I would have probably folded the turn if I hadn't picked up a draw. I didn't have much of a read on the guy, had never seen him before, but he seemed very tight preflop, and I was pretty convinced that I was beaten at that point. What do you think?

One of his other comments was that 'You would never try this at 2/4' which, although I did not respond to, annoyed me greatly because I try to play every hand as a battle over who gets these little chips/pixels and not to pay heed to the actual monetary value of objects that I'm pushing around.