Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2004, 02:10 PM

Default Re: what I had

Yes- that guy was definitely not used to playing short-handed.

I thought it was interesting that towards the end of the session, three handed, you moved from behind me to in front of me. I feel like your advatage was greater behind me, because I thought the SB was calling too much, which caused me to throw away more hands in the BB than I would have if he had folded. So you have my dead money in plus the SB in with a worse hand than an SB should have on average. When you moved in front of me- I can call a lot more of your raises (although I still folded hands with a 2 or 3 without a face card- which I seemed to get a lot of in this session- this might be a mistake against you). I suspect you moved because you thought you could steal my blind more often?

I do think that folding my BB too often against good shorthanded players may be a leak of mine. It seems to me that I can make it up because some of these guys say "he folds his blind sometimes, what a pushover" and then start bluffing their money off to me.
Old 01-29-2004, 03:42 PM

Default Re: what I had

I think you might be right and I did make a mistake. The reason I moved was that I really liked it when that guy limped in against me heads up when he was sb and I was bb.

Unfortunately I didn't catch much against him.

I do like raising your bb a lot more when I am in dealer's position and u are bb so I suppose I should've stayed where I was, but generally I always sit to the left of the bad player.