Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2003, 02:15 AM

Default From soaps to cigars

"I'll indulge you, the war [in Iraq] began when the big hand was on the 12 and the little hand was on the 5, or to keep it simple when the first bomb dropped on Baghdad."

You wrote, in your standard careless manner, that Saddam cannot be "formally" a POW since the war had ended. (Ignoring also the fact that bombs have been raining on Iraq for the past twelve years.)

Your (let's say) unfortunate use of the term "formally" is where you were called on to respond : If a war formally ended and we can no longer have formal POWs, when did that war formally start?

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

"How is this any different than televising Saddam while in custody?"

Well, it was you who wrote, very clumsily again, that the arrest of Slobodan Milosevic was televised! (And harrumph were liberals whining about his televised arrest?) You were simply wrong.

"Perhaps you are delusional and contradicted yourself in the same post."

I would be happy if you'd try and point out where I "contradicted myself". These here winter games might continue for a few more posts. (You may even exceed yourself! You already made three factual errors in one post.)

"Do you mind bending over a bit?"

What, no more rough stuff?
Old 12-18-2003, 01:35 PM

Default Re: From soaps to cigars

"Well, it was you who wrote, very clumsily again, that the arrest of Slobodan Milosevic was televised! (And harrumph were liberals whining about his televised arrest?) You were simply wrong. "

Actually I was correct but was too bored to argue with you on this small point. His arrest was televised Cyrus. I was willing to conced a samll point to you but you are too stubborn to accept generosity. Now Saddam's arrest was not televised so I simply compared the pared of Milosevic which you stipulated was televised to the footage of Saddam after his capture.

Your misquotes of others may be cute but hardly effective.

If you insist the war never either formally began or ended then you agree with me that there con be no POW's (Prisoners of War). Thanks again Cyrus, perhaps you are useful upon occassion.

I now have a light for that cigar stuck up your XXX, be careful though it resembles a flamethrower. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]