Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2005, 11:28 AM

Default Re: ($50 NL) How cheaply can you get away from this QQ in the bb?

dbitel,

Thanks for the post. You have outlined my thought process regarding the hand pretty well. I just really hated this QQ and it took me quite a while to decide to call. I couldn't make myself find a fold preflop, but hated being oop with that hand against that action. I don't know if I'm quite ready to be that disciplined to find this fold preflop yet. In regards to the call as playing for set value, I am basing this on the twofold assumption that (a) if my set hits it will be good, and (b) the standard $50 nl player will be willing to get it all in on a Q flop with an overpair. Neither of these are certain propositions. If I was unlucky enough to lose set over set with QQ then, well, that's why I have plenty of buyins in the bankroll.

Honestly, I feel fold is better than a raise to $17 oop. I hate the idea of putting a third of my chips in the pot then giving up on the pot. Given my line, I should have led the pot and folded to resistance or looked to check down if just called. As played, I check called the flop and puke folded tp a push on a blank on the turn, and villain kindly showed me his AA.

What do others think? Is it a better play to fold QQ to a raise and reraise with no reads than to raise the pot or am I just seeing monsters under the bed?