Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2005, 12:31 PM

Default Re: KK - Stupidly Cautious?

[ QUOTE ]
But don't I want to be playing good poker, and not really adjusting my game to suit the .02/.04 metagame - if you wanna call it that? Or, as long as I realize when I'm making a move that's contrary to what I should do at .5/1 - but I know why I'm making it (its .02/.04) - is this a good idea?

Its all about learning, right now... maximizing profit is a ways off [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're just starting out, then yes, it's definitely good to be playing good poker. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] However, part of playing good poker is adjusting to game conditions and table texture. I know you said you were just starting out, but soon enough, you'll have the more basic strategies down and be able to concentrate more on adjusting, so I was just throwing it out there as something to keep in the back of your mind for the future. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

FWIW, I started out at the PS .02/.04 a little over a year ago myself, so I'm speaking from personal experience, looking back and contrasting the differences between the different levels.