Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 03:21 AM

Default Re: 4 hands from tonights 348 +.24BB/100 session

Hand 1: Preflop is fine. I just call the flop. You're rarely getting a free card, and you don't have the best hand often enough.

Hand 2: I just call preflop, though you probably have enough value to cap. I say call because we have crappy position. On the flop, I check/call.

Hand 3: KJo, KTo, and A8o are 3-bets. QJo is close. Don't call any of them. (You want it heads-up versus a possible steal, so raise and knock the BB out.)

Also, I don't think you meant it as anything significant, but you know that BB/100 over a 348 hand session is utter nonsense, right?
Old 12-20-2005, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I don't think you meant it as anything significant, but you know that BB/100 over a 348 hand session is utter nonsense, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, i know. just emphasizing the...nothingness...of the session.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Preflop is fine. I just call the flop. You're rarely getting a free card, and you don't have the best hand often enough.

Hand 2: I just call preflop, though you probably have enough value to cap. I say call because we have crappy position. On the flop, I check/call.

Hand 3: KJo, KTo, and A8o are 3-bets. QJo is close. Don't call any of them. (You want it heads-up versus a possible steal, so raise and knock the BB out.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 1, you folding the turn UI? If we pick up the flush draw it's in easy call...I suppose the number of flop callers makes a difference...less=better.

Hand 2 I like the call pf since we could be behind AA/KK but the fact that we're not suited and OOP messes us up as well.

Hand 3 I am having some trouble playing OOP w/ hands like those when I miss the flop and get played back at. I dont like 3betting pf and then foling a 9 high flop when he raises. I need to work on this...some heads up work would go a long ways I think.