Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Re: Mazda RX-8?

[ QUOTE ]
why not just buy a BMW 3 series or a Lexus IS with 30K?

or one of these sweet rides

so sweeeet

[/ QUOTE ]

That is so ugly
Old 12-19-2005, 02:33 AM

If you want something sporty and fast for 30k I don't think there is anything better than a Subaru WRX STi. It isn't luxorious or the most comfortable but it kicks ass in the speed department.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:56 AM

I have one. It's a great little car. Very unique looking and it handles better than almost any car in its price range.

Cons:

* it is a little slower than other sports cars in the same price range.

* it's a pain to get into and out of the back seats (though I've been told it's relatively roomy once you're back there.)

* Gas mileage is terrible. Granted that I drive the car a lot harder than most, I only get about 17-19 mpg.

* This may be a pro or con, depending on how you look at it. To get the best performance out of the car, you have to rev it a lot. The red line is at 9000 rpm and it pulls all the way there. If you're used to engines with a lot of torque, you'll have to get used to driving a lot differently. E.g., if you're going 60 and want to pass, it's a must to downshift. In some cars, you can get away with leaving it in top gear. In the 8, you have to downshift from 6th to 3rd.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
* This may be a pro or con, depending on how you look at it. To get the best performance out of the car, you have to rev it a lot. The red line is at 9000 rpm and it pulls all the way there. If you're used to engines with a lot of torque, you'll have to get used to driving a lot differently. E.g., if you're going 60 and want to pass, it's a must to downshift. In some cars, you can get away with leaving it in top gear. In the 8, you have to downshift from 6th to 3rd.

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed this too, but I love redlining it. Have you heard that when you redline it (fairly) often it makes the RENESIS faster over time?
Old 12-19-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's a pain to get into and out of the back seats (though I've been told it's relatively roomy once you're back there.)

[/ QUOTE ]

you were lied to. try siting back there some time.