Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 10:40 PM

Default Re: Travelling to South America

bruiser-

Central/South America is such a wide range that I would think about what sort of stuff you want to be doing first and go from there.

Some suggestions:

1. I spent a month in Guatemala and loved it. Tikal (the most important mayan archaeological site) is probably the most awe-inspiring place i have ever been. Guatemala has a larger indigenous population/influence than surrounding countries, that is interesting.

2. Costa Rica has a huge variety of stuff to do, mostly ecotourism related. Rainforests/beaches/etc. This is probably your best bet if you want a good mix of stuff. If you go there you could also take a side trip into Panama and check out Panama City/the panama canal/Bocas del Toro (great diving location).

3. If you want to hike, I would do the Inca trail to Macchu Picchu in Peru. I have heard good things about Ecuador as well, and the Galapagos islands are in that area too. If I recall correctly, getting there (the galapagos) is expensive, but that is not a problem for you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oh, and forget about the piano camp.