Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Odd hold\'em structure

Whoever says that you should find another game is dead wrong. That structure, given the level of participation is awesome.

Playing a lot of hands, w/ very little blind money in is obviously wrong except when the SB and BB always complete anyway. Since everyone else seems to be doing it...I would see many many flops w/ just about any hands that can flop made hands and raise all big cards. Since you stand to get so much action when you flop a big hand I would not worry so much about ideal PF standards.

Seeing lots of flops for 1 bet and folding when you whiff will not DQ you from being one of the guys. Playing like a nit in a 2-4 homegame will either have the effect of turning you into the beer wench or the wet blanket if not both.

Try to introduce Omaha high w/ the same blind structure. You will then get 5 to showdown.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Odd hold\'em structure

[ QUOTE ]
Since everyone else seems to be doing it...I would see many many flops w/ just about any hands that can flop made hands and raise all big cards. Since you stand to get so much action when you flop a big hand I would not worry so much about ideal PF standards.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must have missed the part in the first post where he said there are NO RAISES allowed in the game.