Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Playing KQ pre-flop

6 max raise it utg to button (kq beats 80% of hands). I raise utg and utg1 5x blind; otherwise 3 or 4x + 1; if called by a tighty behind you, be careful. There is no reason to limp with this hand in lp if others have limped--folks limp anything and odds are you have the best hand preflop, start charging.

limp in blinds; call or raise a habitual button raiser

only call raises with it when person raising raises a decent % of hands, in which case you may want to reraise in pos.

fold to reraise, except in exceptional situations
Old 12-15-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
6 max raise it utg

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, I want to play this hand in position, not OOP. If OOP, Im looking to play a small pot. I limp UTG
Old 12-15-2005, 03:28 PM

Raising to 5xbb utg or utg +1 often buys u the button in 6 max.

Looking to play a small pot with a particular hand is not the way to approach the game. Look to play well post flop; read hands; make good decisions.

If a tighty calls behind me and the flop comes k high, I'll probably play a small pot BUT the chances of u being dominated aren't that high. Anybody no the % of this? I forget?
Old 12-15-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Looking to play a small pot with a particular hand is not the way to approach the game. Look to play well post flop; read hands; make good decisions.

If a tighty calls behind me and the flop comes k high, I'll probably play a small pot BUT the chances of u being dominated aren't that high. Anybody no the % of this? I forget?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but I find that raising here UTG DOESNT buy you the blind, and then you are OOP, miss most flops, fire a continuation bet, get called, and lose.

Id much rather play this hand in position, or limp, hit and then play the hand hard.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:45 PM

??? doesn't buy u the blind so u are oop? Are we playing the same game?
Old 12-15-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but I find that raising here UTG DOESNT buy you the blind, and then you are OOP, miss most flops, fire a continuation bet, get called, and lose.

Id much rather play this hand in position, or limp, hit and then play the hand hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Deciding to limp or raise KQ UTG really depends on table conditions and your table image.