Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 08:14 AM

Default Re: The Official XCOM Thread

Agreed, the lobsters never did it for me. The first combat I played was huge and I rapidly became bored.

Does this newer version fix the wrap-around stats bug? That is, when you leveled up a character beyond 255 in an ability it wrapped around back to zero, rendering a previously super soldier useless.

I used to avoid completing the game just so I could keep on doing battles and leveling up. Once you get psi powers and can control the Erethreals(sp?) you can take sweet revenge on the all the alien scum. Cutting them down in swathes and watching them all panic was classic stuff. Of course this constant leveling up was somewhat ruined by the wrap around stats bug.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:18 AM

I remember hearing about the bug way back when and I think a patch may have eventually fixed it. I don't know about whether the windows version linked in this thread does.

I used to constantly avoid ending the game so I could keep on fighting too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 10:29 AM

I do remember having a patched version at some point along the line and being rather annoyed that they had not fixed the wrap around stats bug, so I'm not so hopeful. Still, I can see myself finding out, few missions to go yet though!
Old 12-14-2005, 09:22 AM

Just started playing the game again now, quite some fun but I hate the music, gotta find a way to turn it off ^^
Never heard about the stats bug, maybe it's because I usually end the game fairly quickly as I usually just play the game for a few days during spring break or something and I don't like leaving things unfinished.
On another note, I remember in the manual they wrote something about a practise range of some sorts for your soldiers, but I never found out how the heck to do this, anyone know anything about this?
Old 12-14-2005, 10:33 AM

You have to prolong the ending of the game for quite some time to get the stats bug, but after working so hard to build up an uber soldier it was pretty annoying when he became useless.

I've never seen the practise range though, anyone else?