Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2005, 07:29 AM

Default Re: Need help with some SSH concepts an example....

Well, lets analyze your thoughts.

The raise isn't going to make anyone fold - who cares. You have a friggen set. A flush draw isn't going to fold, but you can't give them infinite outs. Your best choice was simply to bet. You do realize you have the nuts at this point. The best hand. This is a bet for value.

Turn raise - if they bet into you, raise it up again, they could be bluffing, they could have made 2 pair, they could have slowplayed Jacks, who knows.

Waiting for the turn in this case is foolish. Read the section on slowplaying. This is what your trying to do, and this is the worst possible time for you to do it.

Look, you can't go back in time and say, if I didn't raise QQ preflop then the pot wouldn't be so big and I can push people off. That's simply wrong. Your never going to be able to push a flush draw off. There was a thread on that last week about not raising AA. If you have QQ preflop, Cap that thing as often as possible. You hit a set on the flop, CAP it. Turn comes and it's a diamond, raise and slowdown if re-raised, you have pot odds to see 1 more to try to hit your boat.

You seem to lack the understanding of equity and pot odds. Pot odds are for calling. You ain't calling in this situation. Equity = % of pot that belongs to you. At this point (flop), it's 100% because you have the nuts (and that it's very likely to hold up). So put your $ in while you've got the best of it.

Crovax