Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Cardplayer Cruise Trip Rport

I didn't, but Felicia said the 10-20 O8 was tight. In fact, I heard many players say the games were tighter than usual. I'd assume people are becomming better players.

It's still worth the trip.

Joe
Old 12-13-2005, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Cardplayer Cruise Trip Rport

The 20/40 was okay at times, mostly too tight. It originally started out as HOE, but a bunch of the seniors started whining and griping that they didn't want to play Stud 8, they didn't want to "think," they came to have fun, not work, blah, blah, blah. Not once did the 20/40 mix contain Stud 8.

I think the games were too tight. I usually hop out of my chair like my seat is on fire if I am the loosest player at the table, lol. My job is resident rock, if I'm only playing 10% or less of my hands, you know the game is bad if I'm the loosest player there! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

If my mind would have been clearer, I'd have loosened up quite a bit and took more advantage of their tightness. Unfortunately I wasn't functioning at my best, mentally, and ended up going way, way, way down in stakes instead, by the end of the cruise (the last two days [three sessions] we played 2/4 HORSE).