Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 08:43 AM

Default Re: speed up slow down speed up slow down

Wes, Hero has a 9TJQK straight already - he's only losing to AJ or a flush coming on the river if Villain has 2 hearts. I'd cap the turn and lead the river, I think although I'd always imagine the monster will get shown down to me from a tight player.

If raised, I call because the only hand that makes sense is AJ although it could always be another J9 which we chop.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wes, Hero has a 9TJQK straight already - he's only losing to AJ or a flush coming on the river if Villain has 2 hearts. I'd cap the turn and lead the river, I think although I'd always imagine the monster will get shown down to me from a tight player.

If raised, I call because the only hand that makes sense is AJ although it could always be another J9 which we chop.

[/ QUOTE ]
This opponent is a very tight player who is also not that aggressive. Becuz of this he can therefore be put on a very limited range here. AJo,KQo,J9s,TT is his range IMO. Since the hero is an underdog against this range, he should not put any more money in this pot then he has to. Capping the turn or betting the river is wrong IMO against this opponent.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This opponent is a very tight player who is also not that aggressive. Becuz of this he can therefore be put on a very limited range here. AJo,KQo,J9s,TT is his range IMO. Since the hero is an underdog against this range, he should not put any more money in this pot then he has to. Capping the turn or betting the river is wrong IMO against this opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't imagine him cold 3-betting on the turn with anything outside this range. Good analysis.

Also, I hate this limp preflop with J9o. Even fish aren't limping many hands that you dominate, while they will limp with a lot of hands that dominate you. And you have no guarantee of absolute position. Even very tight buttons will enter the pot with a lot of hands with 3 limpers to them.