Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 05:12 AM

Default Re: 15, straight out of HPFAP?, 3 way, for overcall

I agree with Lil. You fold out hands that you beat and that have up to 5 outs (A8,JT,etc) and you get calls from 2pair hands. You may fold out AT though. If anything, you get a call behind, you can check/fold the river. This is one of the times where I'd rather not know. If 3rd player has me beat, I'm putting in 2 bets. If 3rd player loses to me, I'm putting in 2 bets. I put in 2bets no matter what, but at least I don't know that I am beat on the turn (and more to the point, villian is putting in 2bets too). Not sure if you can follow that. But it is along the same lines as the "as if" theory. You play the hand "as if" your hand is good despite having doubts. If that sounds bad, I could give an exampled explanation.

Still, I'm folding the turn for my earlier reasons. I once had a brief trist with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. But that's over now. I see her for the trash she is.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Lil. You fold out hands that you beat and that have up to 5 outs (A8,JT,etc) and you get calls from 2pair hands. You may fold out AT though. If anything, you get a call behind, you can check/fold the river. This is one of the times where I'd rather not know. If 3rd player has me beat, I'm putting in 2 bets. If 3rd player loses to me, I'm putting in 2 bets. I put in 2bets no matter what, but at least I don't know that I am beat on the turn (and more to the point, villian is putting in 2bets too). Not sure if you can follow that. But it is along the same lines as the "as if" theory. You play the hand "as if" your hand is good despite having doubts. If that sounds bad, I could give an exampled explanation.

Still, I'm folding the turn for my earlier reasons. I once had a brief trist with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. But that's over now. I see her for the trash she is.

[/ QUOTE ]
There are so many more hands that can call profitably here for one bet, that the hero should never be concerned with possibly inducing the button to make a correct fold, what's most important is making sure the button doesnt make a correct call. Im not sure whats better: fold or raising, but I believe folding is much better than calling, and raising is much better than calling.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:48 PM

I think I missed the 10bb in the pot already. Given the pot is already that big, I'm recinding my comments and agreeing w/ Wes. Provided, of course, that we'll only get 3bet if we're drawing dead to a split.

lf