Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Re: easy kk fold??? 3 to 1 on my money

bad fold.

Wouldn't you be mad if he had KK or QQ instead of AA, both of which are reasonable hands.

Gut feelings don't work too well at low stakes.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:40 PM

if you have a solid read, you have a solid read most likely he won't have KK, since then all the kings would be out. And also, since he is a decent player, he won't go all-in w/ QQ. The only hand left is AA. Good read, and good fold.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you have a solid read, you have a solid read most likely he won't have KK, since then all the kings would be out. And also, since he is a decent player, he won't go all-in w/ QQ. The only hand left is AA. Good read, and good fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I like to go Allin with QQ most of the time, I dont know about the rest of you. This really isnt a good read, but a lucky one. A gut feeling of "he has AA" is a terrible reason to throw away KK pf, esspecially with the odds your getting.

Your claim that the only hand left that goes allin there is AA is wrong imo. I see QQ or better, including AKs your losing to one of these and getting 3-1 to play. Insta call.

Folding here is terrible. Your "great read" was merely a lucky guess and I doubt you'll make many +ev plays based on this form of desicion making.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:47 PM

in my original post i specifically said utg was a very rational player. not spectacular but thought many things through. now given this and given the amount of money in the pot and the fact is went raise reraise reraise and an all in i highly doubt that a rational player here has qq or ak suited. there is not a chance he is pushing with anything less then kk and since i have 2 of them it makes kk highly unlikely. i dont know how many good players push raises and reraises after they raised pf with qq or ak suit. if you know where these games are please PM me and let me know and i will be there in a heart beat. they can pay for my trip. all IMO
Old 12-06-2005, 05:54 PM

Let me know where people fold KK preflop and I'll be there in a heartbeat.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:09 PM

I am one of the people in this forum that has folded kings pre-flop.

I dont have a problem with it if you know the person that re-raised very well and they know you very well. A few of the regular players that I played against back in the day were good enough to know I would only re-raise a re-raise big like that with AA-KK. These are players that I have played many hundreds of hours with at the table, and the good ones flat out knew better than to come over the top of my large 3 bet with QQ. For them to come over the top means they had to have aces. And more than once they mucked KK pre flop against my aces and showed it to me.

However, you seem to be basing you fold on magic. You knew you had kings before you looked at the cards? You prayed not to get KK? You knew the other guy had aces? This is not hand reading this is voodoo.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:17 PM

my fold wasnt based on that. it was kinda scarry that it actually happened that way because once he raised its what went on in my head. i said hell probably have aa and ill wake up to kk, and i seriously thought that thats what happened. my fold wasnt based on it. what hand would a logical/solid/rational (whatever you want to call it) player give you 3 to 1 on with all their chips in the middle after his raise, reraise, and a reraise, OOP. it has to be aa or kk and i have 2 kings so its easy to put him on aces. thats what the fold was based on as well as pot odds which you can read in other posts cause im not writing it all again.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my fold wasnt based on that. it was kinda scarry that it actually happened that way because once he raised its what went on in my head. i said hell probably have aa and ill wake up to kk, and i seriously thought that thats what happened. my fold wasnt based on it. what hand would a logical/solid/rational (whatever you want to call it) player give you 3 to 1 on with all their chips in the middle after his raise, reraise, and a reraise, OOP. it has to be aa or kk and i have 2 kings so its easy to put him on aces. thats what the fold was based on as well as pot odds which you can read in other posts cause im not writing it all again.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way this guy playing 1-2 live planned his raise amounts to get into the middle giving you 3-1. I still think you are giving him way too much credit, and still think this is a textbook call.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:22 PM

maybe so. im sure it wasnt planned that way. ive been told i think too high of a limit for 1 2 but still with everything said i thought it was the correct fold and i respect your opinion
Old 12-06-2005, 04:49 PM

you dont call for a chop esp when there is a good chance you are beat. only hand im ahead of here logically is qq which is so unlikely given the player and they way ive been playing.