Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Would You Play On This Table?

I've noticed this same phenomenon a number of times,(double average pot size, half the table from amsterdam). I've datamined these games, gone over hands, discussed them with people and I've never seen anything that looked like outright collusion to me.

Though depending on the screen names there are a few live ones who I'd be more then happy to play with. Even if I suspected the game was dirty. Especially if I had some sense of which players were working together. Maybe that's stupid but that's the truth.

It's a little annoying when they chat in dutch the whole time but online translators are more then enough to get the drift of the conversation.

Or, if your name is TheRempel, you can start typing "my [censored] is swollen and infected" in dutch over and over again.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:24 PM

Well beset, like I said too, I have never seen anything in a certain hand. But shared card knowledge could allow a couple players to know when you or they might be drawing better or thinner on a draw, or that a 3rd player is unlikely to have the hand represented on the river thus allowing one of them to make a "miraculous" call.

I've played with colluders in limit games in B&M cardrooms, and they really don't bother me there since there are actually ways to exploit that, and since a good cardroom manager will be willing to have a 3rd player's hand exposed from the muck when he didn't call the last bet in order to prove what is going on. But in big bet games online it's just not worth the risk if there is even a smaller possibility.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or, if your name is TheRempel, you can start typing "my [censored] is swollen and infected" in dutch over and over again.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was!