Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 05:44 AM

Default Re: Funny Political Joke...

The politics forum needs to lighten up. Instead of bitching about the joke, maybe you could all post one of your own?
Old 12-01-2005, 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The politics forum needs to lighten up. Instead of bitching about the joke, maybe you could all post one of your own?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lighten up? What could be less funny than an unfunny joke?

Your idea is a good one but I'm not sure I know any good political jokes. I know a lot of Pope jokes, do they count?
Old 12-01-2005, 06:24 AM

Here's the best I could come up with in a 60-second internet search. It involves the Pope, as all good jokes should. A lot of people will have heard it I'm sure:

Bill Clinton and the Pope die on the same day, but a mixup in the afterlife paperwork sends them to the wrong places: the Pope goes to hell and Bill goes to heaven. After a couple of days they fix this problem and the Pope gets on the escalator to go to heaven and Bill gets on the other to go to hell. The two pass each other on the way and Bill asks, "How bad was it down there?" The Pope says, "Not that bad, kind of hot and noisy, but I am glad to be going up to heaven now. There's one thing up there I have been looking forward to." Bill asks, "What is that?" The Pope replies, "I want to meet the Virgin Mary." Bill, shakes his head sheepishly and whispers to the Pope, "Too late."
Old 12-01-2005, 06:31 AM

Hold on a second, here's one I remember:

George Bush goes to meet the Queen of England and decides, after numerous screw-ups by members of his administration, to ask her advice on how to pick a decent politician for a job.

"Well firstly", says the Queen, "you want to make sure they aren't an idiot, so ask them a simple riddle. I'll show you". She beckons over Tony Blair. "Tony, she says. "Brothers and sisters have I none, but all the same I'm my father's son. Who am I?"

"Easy" says Tony, "I'm me."

Bush decides to test this out on the most pressing case and calls over Donald Rumsfeld. "Donald, Brothers and sisters have I none, but all the same I'm my father's son. Who am I?" Donald thinks for a it, and asks to be excused. He runs outside where he finds Colin Powell, and asks him the riddle.

"Easy" says Powell, "I'm me." Rumsfeld runs back in and says

"I've thought about it sir, and I'm Colin Powell."

"No, you idiot" shouts Bush. "You're Tony Blair!"
Old 12-01-2005, 09:31 AM

I think OP's Republican joke was funnier.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:39 AM

B) It's an inaccurate comparison because the welfare system isn't designed to simply be a way for lazy people to get by without working (although it is certainly a flawed system and in practice, it sometimes turns out that way).

This is a good joke also.