Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 01:30 PM

Default Re: I ain\'t gonna work on Maggie\'s farm no more.

only really interesting decisions imo are the last two hands with AK and QJ.

I like the line with the AK though i admit its not something i do in limit hold'em. its a weird enough line that would warrant a call down from QQ/JJ or whatever. i'm gonna try to find a spot for this type of play next time i play.

the last time i bluff riased a river like that i got a fold, but that was live. i think its sucess rate is cut down dramatically online and you didnt give a read on your opponent either so its tough to say. however, his hand can't be very strong given the board and how he played, either some kind of weak pair or a bluff, so (cliche) "do you think he'd fold enough to make this profitable?" yadayada.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:42 PM

Default AQ

i just looked over the AQ hand again and changed my mind about it.

its a 3-bet. i don't think you have to worry about AA, QQ is a maybe, but those two hands seem unlikely with the third player in. i don't think most players (esp good ones) would miss the chance to cap with the third player in.

he also raised UTG+1 so i think that limits the amounts of combinations of KJ he can have. let's say he'd raise all his suited KJ's and anywhere from none to some of his KJo's. so that leaves anywhere from 4 to 16 combinations of KJ, though imo its a lot closer to 4 than 16.

meanwhile there are 12 combos of AQ, though likely 6 (if the other guy has an ace too) with some combinaitions of AT or a trickily played AK.

even if you account for some of the times he'll have a set over set, with the 3rd player in i think this is a 3-bet for sure. if you get capped, then it becomes a really interesting decision. i think you can fold the river UI, but i would just remedy that by filling up on the river.