Purdue
USC
BYU
Tennessee
Navy
Syracuse
Stanford

[/ QUOTE ]

Overall, that is easily harder than Auburns schedule. For all you SEC lovers, ND scored more points against Tenn than any other team, so perhaps they do have some offense.

but seriously, why will people not just wait until the bowl games get played to bitch about ND? if ND gets blown out, I'll be the first to admit they shouldnt have been there, but what are you guys going to do if ND actually wins, besides make excuses that the refs or the media fixed it for them? you act as if they are some ivy league team that is automatically going to get blown out by 50 points.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Is ND really deserving for BCS

[ QUOTE ]

but seriously, why will people not just wait until the bowl games get played to bitch about ND?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's a matter of money. If ND gets a bid they get ~$14.5M whereas if OSU gets a bid they get some (half I think) and the rest is divided between the conference and the other teams in the conference. Therefore, for folks with vested interested in any team in the conference of Oregon, Ohio State or any other team that is "left out" it is a significant issue.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

but seriously, why will people not just wait until the bowl games get played to bitch about ND?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's a matter of money. If ND gets a bid they get ~$14.5M whereas if OSU gets a bid they get some (half I think) and the rest is divided between the conference and the other teams in the conference. Therefore, for folks with vested interested in any team in the conference of Oregon, Ohio State or any other team that is "left out" it is a significant issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

in the recent past, the guarenteed payoffs of having one bcs team every year have pretty much equalled out to ND's huge payouts every once in a while
Old 11-29-2005, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in 2006, tOSU will have a budget of approximately $3.5 Billion dollars. is ~$7.25 million really worth bitching this much over?
Old 11-29-2005, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in 2006, tOSU will have a budget of approximately $3.5 Billion dollars. is ~$7.25 million really worth bitching this much over?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure about tOSU, but Michigan's athletic budget is fully self supported from donations, bowl income and ticket sales, and takes nothing from the general fund of the school. In that case, $7.25M would be a huge boon to a program (50% of the total payout sounds high, but I'll assume its right for this argument).

That being said, ND is a shoo-in to get a BCS bid. They are a huge national draw and havent been to a BCS game in several years and will travel well. I would guess that tOSU gets the other one since I doubt Oregon has that much national appeal (plus I'm 99% sure that tOSU is a better team than Oregon).
Old 11-29-2005, 02:59 AM

ND vs. Oregon
USC = USC
Stanford = Stanford
Washington = Washington
Fresno State = Michigan
Arizona State = Michigan State
California = Purdue
Washington State = BYU
Oregon State = Tennessee
Arizona = Pittsburgh
Houston = Navy
Montana = Syracuse

Some of those are off, but all in all, I think it averages out. Notre Dame hasn't played any easier a schedule than Oregon. (tOSU has played one of the hardest schedules in the country, they should get in).
Old 12-01-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ND vs. Oregon
USC = USC
Stanford = Stanford
Washington = Washington
Fresno State = Michigan
Arizona State = Michigan State
California = Purdue
Washington State = BYU
Oregon State = Tennessee
Arizona = Pittsburgh
Houston = Navy
Montana = Syracuse

Some of those are off, but all in all, I think it averages out. Notre Dame hasn't played any easier a schedule than Oregon. (tOSU has played one of the hardest schedules in the country, they should get in).

[/ QUOTE ]

Its fine if you want to make this argument, but the simple fact is that ND lost 2 games and Oregon only lost 1. If they have fairly equal schedules I don't see how you can argue that ND gets a bid over UO (not sure if you were, Im just saying...) In my mind its OSU and UO, but of course that will never happen and my ducks will get screwed again.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:46 PM

Man, [censored] the DUCKS PAC-10 is overrated anyways.