Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 04:45 AM

Default Re: (55) QQ line

Yeah , I agree. Miniraise is bad IMO cus AK-AJ TT+ is likley to be pushing, maybe even 99. It does not get u any information most of the time. I dont like pushing cus this looks like AK and I dont want a race yet. I like the call preflop cus im not folding QQ that easily unless i have an incredible read. And if there is no A or K on the flop, im guessing im golden. I am not calling here if i dont intend to commit on a non A or K flop. If i get caught up against AA, KK, im heading straight to the lobby and startin up another one. Hornacek, why are u folding this? I havent played the 55s serously in a month, but last i checked, there were still donks. All in all this looks like a call.

-EV
Old 11-22-2005, 06:57 AM

I would never fold this without a serious read over several sngs. And why don't you push preflop? What flop action are you going to be content with? You'll get lots of lower pp and AK to call you.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:02 PM

I call here.

Weird way for him to get value out of AA/KK, although he definitely has that a bunch.

Good point about pf. Why call if you're folding this. That's probably the weakest line he could've taken on the flop by the way (in that any other line shows more strength, except for check fold).
Old 11-22-2005, 12:49 PM

Do you always raise to 90t on level one? Do you think you play the hand differently if you raise 45t and his re-raise is 125t?
Old 11-22-2005, 01:00 PM

I'd call this the majority of the time unless I had noted the raiser did this with AA/KK a lot in other games I had played with him.