Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 03:27 AM

Default Re: Sit and Go tournaments

From what I've read, #2 is favored by a huge majority of serious SNG players. In fact, doubling up early isn't nearly as valuable as one might expect. The STT forum is probably a better place for this type of discussion, though.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:32 PM

I am new around here, actually this is my first post. Thanks for the kind words.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When playing in 'Sit & Go' tournaments (10 person tournament) is it better to play aggressive, or tight, if you are looking to consitently place top three?

[/ QUOTE ]

that's pretty much it, as i see it.

and SNG, you don't have enough chips or time to make alot of plays. you make a couple of good plays with AA-99 and AJ+ and a few others, and if they work, you're sitting pretty, and if they don't work, you're basically finished (others could debate, but i think you're done one way or another)....

i was on hot streak and of course thought it was me, when alot of it was the cards.... now i'm on a horrible run (getting busted over and over again) - largest $$$$$ tournament ever and i went out on KK vs. 66 (oh, well).

SORRY, I DIDN'T REPLY PROPERLY, BUT THE GUY SAID EITHER AGGRESSIVE TO TAKE THE LEAD (AND RISK ELIMINATION) OR PATIENT AND PLAY THE BIGGER STACKS LATER (LOWER RISK, BUT HARDER TO WIN 1ST PLACE)