Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Re: One man gathers what another man spills

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'd like to see an explanation of the op's preflop play from the op. i don't like it but i don't know much

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm really not that crazy about it. My hand isn't really even a favorite here against his range hot and cold and I'm out of position with a hand that isn't going to play out very well postflop given the opponent since he isn't folding things I want folding that often and he is often going to play aggressively when I am left with just a small pair which puts me in a bad spot. I don't see how the fact that it is four-handed changes any of these things compared to it being fuller as Catt says (I don't play much fuller anyway if I can avoid it, so I'm not the expert there). I would normally fold this. But I'm experimenting with different things and decided to try something different and also I want to play back at the guy at least some just to show him that I'm not going to be pushed around.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've actually seen a significant number of 2+2-type players making this play with all the pockets including 22. It seems so counterproductive to me with a hand that's at best 50/50, but I was wondering if others were doing this and I was going to make a post about it. This was a full 6-max table too, although I don't have much of a problem with it 4-way, or certainly much less of a problem.