Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: 10/20NL 6max, Deep stacked. Decision time

[ QUOTE ]
Have you seen him reraise preflop at all before? With what? Only premium pairs? If not at all, have you only been with him a short time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked my PT stats again and I found ~1400 hands with him. He's 24/16. Open raises with wide range of hands, even from blinds if there are only limpers. Has fired more than once full 3-barrel bluffs etc. But I couldn't find any hand which woulda gone to showdown where he re-raised pre-flop.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have you seen him reraise preflop at all before? With what? Only premium pairs? If not at all, have you only been with him a short time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked my PT stats again and I found ~1400 hands with him. He's 24/16. Open raises with wide range of hands, even from blinds if there are only limpers. Has fired more than once full 3-barrel bluffs etc. But I couldn't find any hand which woulda gone to showdown where he re-raised pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, im messing this up. I somehow confused him to another player, with almost the same nickname. So my original description stays. He is 26/16, and I've played with him only 300 hands. He hasnt done anything too crazy.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, im messing this up. I somehow confused him to another player, with almost the same nickname. So my original description stays. He is 26/16, and I've played with him only 300 hands. He hasnt done anything too crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]
This makes me think that shoving it all-in is a good move. I stand by my original post.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:32 PM

get em in there.....
Old 11-17-2005, 08:20 PM

tough hand. You cant be scared of AA however JJ is a distinct possibility. I feel that AA would re-raise you on the flop most of the time here.

Likely hands are AKs, AJ is very unlikey if hes as you say he is and JJ. Based on putting him on these two hands I would flat call the turn and re-evaluted the river.

I would not be putting my whole stack in here unless the A or J pair or you hit your case 8...any club river is an easy fold..if another J or A hits i would feel very good about my hand. Unimproved I guess I would go for a blocking bet..maybe 2k?
Old 11-17-2005, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would not be putting my whole stack in here unless the A or J pair or you hit your case 8...any club river is an easy fold..if another J or A hits i would feel very good about my hand. Unimproved I guess I would go for a blocking bet..maybe 2k?

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't make much sense to me. If you're going to fold the river unimproved, why would a club matter? If you think he has AcKc, you get it all in on the turn. If you put him on AA orr JJ, you fold on the turn. Does that sound right?

ChewyMint
Old 11-17-2005, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tough hand. You cant be scared of AA however JJ is a distinct possibility. I feel that AA would re-raise you on the flop most of the time here.

[/ QUOTE ]

AA almost never 3-bets with deep stacks in this spot-a very likely line is to call the raise then bet the turn and fold to a raise because you then know for sure you're behind.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:33 PM

you are going broke in this hand

so you want to extract most out of worse hands

that's why you push now when worse hands may call before bad river card kills action and also to kill odds for draws

i hope you won the 14k pot