Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you shower in the....?
Whenever I happen to get up. 65 30.95%
Evening 31 14.76%
Morning 114 54.29%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Taking a Coinflip in BB on the Absolute Bubble? ($109)

[ QUOTE ]

With what limited information I have, I probably call this hand and just hope the cards fall in my favor. I don't see the reasoning for laying it down if you think they're pushing any 2.

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you EVER played a satellite or thought about satellite theory? Let's say Hero's equity is slightly over 50% (I think villain folds 42o usually). Hero's equity by folding is going to be 2x buyin + X where X is what his chips are worth in terms of the money left over after the first pay stage. So he must have about 4x buyin + 2X equity when he wins the coinflip to justify calling. This means that doubling up has to give him 2x buyins in EV from bigger stack opportunities. That is a lot of equity to attribute to skill with a big stack. And if you don't see why that is true I give up.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Taking a Coinflip in BB on the Absolute Bubble? ($109)

I definitely put villain on any 2. Honestly, given the spot, I think anything but a push in his position is bad with any 2 cards. I'm certain I could fold and make the money before blinds reached me again... However, given that there was a chance he had 1 (or even 2) cards < 5, I decided to gamble.

&gt;<font color="white">He showed T8h and rivered a T. I think this was an unnecessary call and one I probably won't make if the situation arises again. That might be results oriented thinking though...</font>&lt;

More comments/votes are welcome.