Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Re: JJ: why am I raising this flop?

Grunching

I raise this also, call the three bet (if villian has AA-QQ)and call down. You cannot assume that villian does not have AK. There are 16 ways (I think) that he has AK and only 9 ways that he has AA-QQ. You very well may be ahead and raising will define where you are at.

If three bet on the flop I call down. If I have a read that the player is very tight I might fold the turn unimproved.

Greg
Old 11-15-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Grunching

I raise this also, call the three bet (if villian has AA-QQ)and call down. You cannot assume that villian does not have AK. There are 16 ways (I think) that he has AK and only 9 ways that he has AA-QQ. You very well may be ahead and raising will define where you are at.

If three bet on the flop I call down. If I have a read that the player is very tight I might fold the turn unimproved.

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]
there are 6 combos for each overpair AA-QQ, and you're right about 16 combos of AK. so that makes it 16 AK combos and 18 overpair combos. plus, you can not logically assume that any player would play them all the same.

so when you say you'd raise to define where you are, but then you say you would call down vs. a 3-bet, it seems that the defining your hand isn't worth much.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:02 PM

I wouldn't rule out pocket tens as a PFR hand for villain to 3-bet, I know I would against most players at this level.

Steve
Old 11-16-2005, 06:32 AM

*bump*

I think this hand deserves more attention.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:46 AM

Yeah just call all the way. Let's just say that the bettor has AK and the other dude has A7....why raise and fold him out when he is basically drawing dead. If he has A7 and the bettor has us beat with KK then it also does us no good to get him out since we need to improve to win anyway.

Brad
Old 11-16-2005, 07:48 AM

I agree with everything you said. I might add in TT or 99. I guess I say that since im such a lag.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:06 AM

The most important thing I've taken out of this thread and the "Welcome to the Rock" thread is [something that I choose to ignore on the most part]:

When 3bet holding QQ and more so JJ [against a typical opponent] your equity plummets.