Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 08:43 PM

Default Re: -722BBs over ~90k hands(LC)

First, I think you are running poorly. But I also think you have 2 real leaks in your game from your stats.

1st, your PFR from SB is too high, even for 4.6 players. Position is so so important shorthanded, and you need to remember even though you might have a small equity edge and .2 BBs in the pot, playing out of position sucks. I would drop this by around 5%.

2nd, your WTSD is too low, espcially for this shorthanded. You are not letting over-agro players bluff and are folding too much. I have to go to class so cant go into more detail.

Good luck.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What limits is this at? Running at -.8 BB/100 over 90k hands means you are probably a loser in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I measured this from the peak of my winnings. I made 678BBs over 20k hands before this happened. So overall i'm at -44BBs or somewhere around there. This is at 5/10.

[/ QUOTE ]

Over that many hands, it's a clear sign you've got leaks. The first 20k sound like a rush and the last 70k are indicative of actual play.

The hard thing is you're probably a pretty decent player with a batch of minor issues that cumulatively have sabotaged your game. Finding the fixes could take a long period of painful retuning.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The first 20k sound like a rush and the last 70k are indicative of actual play.

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement makes no sense at all. Why would you divide batches of hands up based on results?
Old 11-10-2005, 07:40 PM

-44 BBs over 90k hands looks like a break even player to me. Did you start at 3/6 6 max or did you just jump into 5/10 6 max? The swings can be nasty, my guess is what happened is as the swing did not correct itself right away, your play started to detoriate and it isn't showing up in the stats. Your confidence is (understandably) shot and you should move down to rebuild both your roll and your confidence. Take a break, reread some books that have helped you in the past, play some SOFT games (like 2/4 full, for example), get back to the basics, and work yourself backup.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My problem is postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
How many tables?
Old 11-10-2005, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My problem is postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
How many tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

I edited my OP, there was a 2 week period where I played 1 table, and then 2 tables with 0 distractions.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:44 PM

I know an awesome player who has over a 700BB downswing, so I dont think it automatically implies you are a loser.

However, if I was running that bad, I know damn well it would be affecting my play. Id drop down some limits and built up some confidence
Old 11-10-2005, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know an awesome player who has over a 700BB downswing, so I dont think it automatically implies you are a loser.

However, if I was running that bad, I know damn well it would be affecting my play. Id drop down some limits and built up some confidence

[/ QUOTE ]

A 700 BB downswing can happen to anyone at any time, and sure enough, if someone plays enough hands, it MUST happen. But, a 700 BB downswing after playing only 110k hands is extremely unlike for a winning player.

On the other hand, if you know 10 good winning players who each have played 300k hands, it is somewhat likely that one of them will experience a 700 BB downswing.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So do I [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2005, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So do I [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

my downswing was only 450BB, but i appreciate the compliment.