Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Please reply after voting...
Check 6 75.00%
Raise 0 0%
Push 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2005, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Buying Kane\'s Hand History Database

For $1,000 I'd think about it for a while, but probably still end up buying. For $350, I think it's a no-brainer if poker is a serious part of your life (i.e. you count on it as part of your income, as I think a good portion of MHNL posters do).

Kirk
Old 11-04-2005, 11:46 AM

KKF any reason you aren't including your 5/10 6 max hands?

Would you consider including those?
Old 11-04-2005, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
KKF any reason you aren't including your 5/10 6 max hands?

Would you consider including those?

[/ QUOTE ]

i deleted them all sadly.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:05 PM

Kane,
do you plan on selling this to anyone, even players who play the biggest UB games with you?

if so, doesnt this worry you at all? i can see why selling this to many 2-4 through 5-10 players wouldnt really affect your game but what if GOG, bruiser, diablo, and SR wanted them?

jus curious

-cas
Old 11-04-2005, 05:12 PM

His winrate is only a little over 3 bb per 100 hands. Are you f'n kidding me!?!? In the 2000nl my winrate is over 10 bb per 100 hands after 40k hands. I do play short handed of course...
Old 11-04-2005, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His winrate is only a little over 3 bb per 100 hands. Are you f'n kidding me!?!? In the 2000nl my winrate is over 10 bb per 100 hands after 40k hands. I do play short handed of course...

[/ QUOTE ]

Come back and let us know how it's going at the 200,000 hand mark.

Thanks

KoW
Old 11-04-2005, 05:42 PM

I would never ever sell my hand history database nor will I ever post any of my hands on any message board.
Its pretty pathetic that one of the most looked up players on the board is not even that good of a player and has a low win rate.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks

KoW

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, but is 200k hands the generally accepted level at which winrates converge? Is there any real science to this assumption or is it as arbitrary as all the old people who used to say "100k hands is the benchmark where you can tell if you are a winner in limit hold 'em," only to be proven completely wrong.
-James
Old 11-04-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks

KoW

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, but is 200k hands the generally accepted level at which winrates converge? Is there any real science to this assumption or is it as arbitrary as all the old people who used to say "100k hands is the benchmark where you can tell if you are a winner in limit hold 'em," only to be proven completely wrong.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

James, I'm not really sure what the benchmark is. A few months ago I would have suspected that 50k hands was plenty. The more I read in MHNL the more I hear about how much we all underestimate the variance of this game, especially in NL2000.

My reply to the other guy wasn't really meant to be as snide as it might have come across, I was just trying to suggest that before he goes around bashing one of the good contributors to this forum about winrates, he should get a sample size that's a little more comparable.

The same standard might not apply for someone else who regularly contributes to this forum, and I'm sure you and others can see why.

KoW
Old 11-04-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks

KoW

[/ QUOTE ]

-James

[/ QUOTE ]

To calculate your true winrate:
for 95% accuracy: WR +/- SD*1.96/(sqrt(#hands/100))
for 99%: WR +/- SD*2.58/(sqrt(#hands/100))

So, just plug in your WR, and SD and # hands to determine your confidence intervals.