Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 11:38 AM

Default Re: How smart are you?

A buddy of mine lets his 11 year old play his account at low limit 7 card stud and she is up a nice chunk for an 11 year old. I asked her why she wins so consistantly (and she is very consistant with her winnings) and she said "I follow the rules". Her dad laid out rules for her to follow as far as starting hands, what you need to continue with the hand on each street, all of that. BTW her dad is a very smart guy, prone to chase and sometimes tilt as well as bluff. Too bad he does not follow the rules himself. So much for intelligence.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
College process in US is perfect. I went 1 for 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like a really terrible strategy in general but I'm glad it worked out for you.

[/ QUOTE ]
I applied Early Decision. I got in. There was no gamble really. Although it is true that I didn't start any other applications and would have had to write them in a few weeks. But it's not like I only applied to one school and that was it. I could have applied to more schools if I didn't get in.

[/ QUOTE ]

this thread is hilarious. now that ive met twp it makes everything he says funnier. hes gone from funny to hilarious.

also, i am so fucking hungover and my morning has been weirder than you can imagine. daylight savings is FUCKING CRAZY AND MANIACAL.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think I'm above average in intelligence but certainly nothing special. alot of it is hard work.

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel the same way about myself.
2330 on new SATs. I don't know what that's equivalent to in the old SATs.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:09 PM

Intelligence is overrated.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:40 PM

31 ACT
Old 10-30-2005, 02:54 PM

i always considered myself pretty smart, (1520 (790 math)) but then i found myself running around in an inflatable sumo wrestler costume making out with ugly girls last night. hit my one outer for colleges too (had the good fortune of getting a TIP).
Old 10-30-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i always considered myself pretty smart, (1520 (790 math)) but then i found myself running around in an inflatable sumo wrestler costume making out with ugly girls last night. hit my one outer for colleges too (had the good fortune of getting a TIP).

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, better to be in the sumo custome and making out with ugly girls than to to be making out with sumo sized ugly girls. I give this a slight -EV.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I got a 1450 on my SATs, and a 169 on an IQ test a while back. I don't really beleive in the validity of either of those tests though.

[/ QUOTE ]

no you didnt, im sure you could be smart, but 169 is almost 5 standard deviations above the mean. so... nope.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why say that? If he did get 169, good for him. If he didn't, who cares. Saying he's lying is uncalled for.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fine, I'm the king of england, you must call me King.

[/ QUOTE ]
fwiw, i'm pretty sure diablo (as ulysses) has mentioned that his iq is over 170.

edit to add: i'm not saying whether one ought to believe that, or whether it even matters at all, just bringing up the point that--if i recall correctly (and that's a big caveat; i haven't searched the archives to verify)--he has made a similar claim in the past to the 169 guy.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, better to be in the sumo custome and making out with ugly girls than to to be making out with sumo sized ugly girls. I give this a slight -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Making out with fat ugly girls is good for your table image.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:38 PM

16 ACT