Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Hellmuth at main event

[ QUOTE ]
While Hellmuth is probably a pvssy, he is actually pretty big, at least 6'4".

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because your big does not mean you are not a pussy.

It means you are a big pussy.

Phils is very entertaining. Of course it would have also been very entertaining to see the guy slam him. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 12:09 PM

Default I LOVE PHIL!!!

he may be the most childish little kid with the worst manners i've ever seen but hes so funny to watch! As long as u dont take him seriously.. you shouldnt have a problem with it too.. its like watching jackass on MTV.. they do "mean" stuff to people but its halarious because its funny mean, thats how i take phil's bad mouth, as funny mean. If you cant look at poker from a non-serious perspective... then you have problems and need to get your head checked
Old 10-26-2005, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil called the guy a "donkey" on live TV. I don't know what's better in life.

[/ QUOTE ]

"He can't even spell poker."

A lot of the mass audiences (including my roomates) don't understand 'donkey' ("Why doesn't he just say 'jackass' on tv"?). But the poker line, ohhhhh the poker line.

Phil's is still my favorite player to watch, but I was a little taken a back on the "Honey, I was supposed to go broke" portion of the philshow.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:10 PM

I feel PH's anger. I can't remember how many online tournaments I've played where I've been kocked out by some donkey testicle who catches a 3 outer with 93 against my AK. Or in yesterday's MTT when I raise big pf with KK and push on flop and donkey manure calls and hits a 9 on turn to make a set and send me home. Oh wait, I was already home.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel PH's anger. I can't remember how many online tournaments I've played where I've been kocked out by some donkey testicle who catches a 3 outer with 93 against my AK. Or in yesterday's MTT when I raise big pf with KK and push on flop and donkey manure calls and hits a 9 on turn to make a set and send me home. Oh wait, I was already home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Something similar happened to me last night. I raise with AQs (we are four handed) guy calls with 44 which isnt bad. I am short kinda so I am pushing any flop. Flop is AQ9 I push and he instantly calls and hits a 4 on the river to win the hand and send me home. I pulled a Phil on him after he called off half his stack after the flop with 4s.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Something similar happened to me last night. I raise with AQs (we are four handed) guy calls with 44 which isnt bad. I am short kinda so I am pushing any flop. Flop is AQ9 I push and he instantly calls and hits a 4 on the river to win the hand and send me home. I pulled a Phil on him after he called off half his stack after the flop with 4s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you really pull a Phil right after the flop or was it after the River? If you were pissed off after the flop when the hands were turned up that's irrational as you've got to love this guy for giving away his chips. Unless you're saying you would rather have them fold every time when you're ahead.

When you get sucked out on it's natural to be pissed. But being pissed at the suckerouter is misplaced wouldn't you say?
Old 10-26-2005, 03:11 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

What Toro said. You should be hugging the guy and licking his nutsack for calling all-in with 4/4 on an A/Q/9 board.

Yes, "licking his nutsack". Do whatever it takes to keep these guys coming back, long-run poker you'll be friggin' rich!
Old 10-26-2005, 03:28 PM

Utmt, how about some more info here? You said you were a little short, did the other guy have a large stack? What was your table image, you said you usually have a tight image, were you overly aggressive that night? 44 against a preflop raiser with an AQ board seems pretty dumb, but if you were tilting (gee, after reading your posts, I wonder why I think you might be prone to that), he may have called thinking you'd raise with anything.

GL in your game, and try not to have a heart attack on your next bad beat.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Why hasn\'t Phil had the living sh*t beat out of him yet

tell that to Gus Hansen. I make plays like this on tight weak players like you all the time.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, "licking his nutsack". Do whatever it takes

[/ QUOTE ]

I might go as far as to pay for the limo to get him to the game, but that's as far as I go with that.

Whatever works for you. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]