Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2005, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Couple hands from my latest 5/10 shot...

Do you really not have reads on any of the players in any of these hands? Oh well. It is almost impossible to come up with any meaningful analysis without any reads at all (at least hand ranges that they will raise or call with before the flop and if they are generally aggressive). Hopefully, you actually have some of these reads while you are playing.

hand 1 - fine

hand 2 - fine, you probably lost, getting 10-1 this is an easy call. He could have a pair of aces (something like Ax of clubs would probably raise the turn) or something like 54.

hand 3 - I would just check and call down. Without a read, I think you are behind here a lot. If he played any made hand that you are ahead of this aggressively, he will probably bet both streets for you anyway. If he has a straight draw this aggressively, he may bet the turn anyway and may bluff the river insted of folding unimproved.

hand 4 - fine

hand 5 - I would lead the turn. Overcards are going to check through here a lot when the top card on the board pairs and you don't want to give a free card.

Leading the flop is another option. This would be particularly good if the PFRer is loose and aggro and would raise a worse hand than yours to knock out the other player.

hand 6 - really depends on the opponent, I think a fold is right against typical opponents.

hand 7 - The river bet is terrible unless this guy is a complete calling station who will call you with A high. The range of hand he likely has and will call you with otherwise is way too low.

I might have actually check folded the turn on this one against two opponents unless they were both calling stations.