Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Question for Canada guys with Poker ONLY income who pay child support

Hey WDC, thanks for the help. The problems with affidavits and stuff like that are each time we've been in court, the judge has not ONCE even looked at the folder or all the proof and documents we've submitted. He basically comes in, asks the lawyers whats up, and tries to move on as fast as possible. His only concern is I support "my family", and doesn't care, or punish my ex for being in contempt and not letting me see my son. Its been 5 months and many court dates and not once has he attempted to try to make her let me see my son, or care about her contempt. The only good thing that has happened is we've gotten the Office of the Childrens Lawyer involved so there is someone to speak for my son now. I was told the judge will pretty much come in and listen to whatever the Childrens lawyer suggests and make his decision based on that. He won't even look at our evidence as there are so many cases for the day he wants people out. I've got phone records, police records and everything else that prove over and over and over that she is a liar, an alcoholic, child abuser, etc, etc, etc. And the judge hasn't even glanced at them or asked about them. First time we went to court, I submitted tons of proof of child support i've paid, and tons of other evidence, and the only thing he heard was her say I don't pay, and I got 50 lectures throughout the day how I need to pay. I tell him look in the folder for proof and he just says I have to pay. I've heard I have a really tough, and old fashioned judge who see countless fathers in there each day not paying and not wanting to see their children. I'd figure he would see someone who does pay and wants to see their son, and he would be sympathetic, but I think he is so jaded from all the other cases he automatically takes the womans side. I'm in a tough spot here.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Question for Canada guys with Poker ONLY income who pay child support

One of the most frustrating things i deal with are judges who don't read and don't listen. I feel for you. Good luck.