Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2003, 11:14 PM

Default ROTFLMAO

Really, I almost fell out of my chair. This brought to mind Jane's Law. To read the whole piece, go to Jane's Law and scroll down to the entry for May 21st.

Here's an exerpt:

"Which brings me to a political theory I have been developing for a while now:

"Jane's Law: The devotees of the party in power are smug and arrogant. The devotees of the party out of power are insane.

"I used to think it was just the Republicans -- well, some Republicans -- who were insane. I mean, I am the only person I've ever met who actually thinks we got about the right result in the impeachment. We impeached the guy, to say "No, you can't just commit perjury", but we didn't remove him from office over a minor civil suit...

"But I could see how you wanted him impeached, and I could also see the argument for not impeaching him. It was a judgement call.

"Except that a substantial portion of the Republican Party seemed, long before, to have lost all judgement. They were insane on the subject of Clinton. It wasn't enough that they disagreed with him politically; nothing would do but that he be the AntiChrist...

"Republicans, I thought, seem to be insane...I wonder what makes them that way?

"Now I know. The loss of the presidency clearly unhinges people's minds.

"Democratic websites now offer the same vast well of spleen, the same conviction that every single news item with the word "Bush" in it somehow vindicates their thesis that Bush is not merely a center-right president with tax policies they dislike, but a proto-Fascist intent on establishing a dictatorship and herding his political opponents into camps. I'm not saying that all Democrats believe this, any more than all Republicans were crazy Clinton bashers. But just as the Republicans did, they tolerate an astonishing array of nutty opinion. And a very large percentage of the commentariat, from the blogerati upwards, are totally obsessed with proving that Bush is, like, the worst president ever...

"Republicans, of course, have turned into the Democrats of the nineties -- smugly convinced that they have merely assumed their rightful place at the top of the world, and that because of the essential goodness of their cause, they need exert little effort to stay there.

"Of course, the way the Democrats are behaving now, they're right about that last part."