Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Living on your own for the first time

[ QUOTE ]
The weird thing is that my home life is completely unlike anyone else's I've been told about. My parents literally want nothing from me. No rent money, no help for utilities - nothing. Never been asked to do my own laundry or iron my clothes. Every penny I earn either goes toward my minimal expenses, my investments, toys, and savings. [censored], I did my mom the favor of buying some milk on my way home from work one day and I had to fight with her so she'd keep her damn $3 in her purse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep us posted on how you like real life when you move out. This should be funny. You better find a girl that will cook/clean/dress you before you leave your house to take your mom's place. Good luck on that one! lol
Old 10-06-2005, 01:53 PM

does college count as moving out? i lived away from home for all 6 years (ha) of college basically. it's not like i am incapable of living away from home.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does college count as moving out? i lived away from home for all 6 years (ha) of college basically. it's not like i am incapable of living away from home.

[/ QUOTE ]

You travel an assload; you're fine for now, but pushing it.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's working for you and it's working for your parents. That's the only thing that matters. I initially went into this post thinking living on your own is worth it for the experience but then I thought what experience? It comes down to girls I think, living on your own means you can have sex in your bed without your parents knowing, period. That's all there is to it. I don't know about anyone else but paying utilities and rent hasn't exactly been some uplifting and life changing experience. The bills come you pay them.

I say as long as you are sure your parents are ok with you living there then why not? Create wealth instead of creating it for someone else and do the things now that you may not be able to do when responsibility starts to bear it's heavy burden.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's working for you and it's working for your parents. That's the only thing that matters. I initially went into this post thinking living on your own is worth it for the experience but then I thought what experience? It comes down to girls I think, living on your own means you can have sex in your bed without your parents knowing, period. That's all there is to it. I don't know about anyone else but paying utilities and rent hasn't exactly been some uplifting and life changing experience. The bills come you pay them.

I say as long as you are sure your parents are ok with you living there then why not? Create wealth instead of creating it for someone else and do the things now that you may not be able to do when responsibility starts to bear it's heavy burden.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you dont realize, the joy of bbq ing at 2 in the morning, without the fear of waking someone up, or the enjoyment of laying on the couch all day with pizza boxes and beer sitting everywhere watching football, then going out that nightt AND NOT CLEAN ANYTHING UP BEFORE YOU LEAVE, then you are missing out on life. Its teh little things that make it worth it and fun. In reality, I didnt spend any more or less when I moved out, I just spent it differently, and it also taught me to be a little smarter with my funds.