Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 11:19 AM

Default Re: AA vs. all in on the flop

Yeah, I understand your points. At the 400 and 600, many tighties used to do dumb [censored] like that all the time, but I haven't seen this happen since moving up to the 1k and 2k games. Maybe I haven't been there long enough.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, duck pretty much nailed. She has less of a life than me, so from now on I'm just going to reply with one sentence to threads and expect her to write anywhere from a paragraph to 2 pages on the reasoning.

[/ QUOTE ]

come again?
Old 10-05-2005, 11:37 AM

As usual the duck has pretty much nailed this. As you can see AA has to make this call because there are soooo many times this play is made by KK/QQ, or someone just trying to take the pot down. I rarely see this type of re-raise without AA or a set.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:37 AM

Newsflash: Duck is 100% WOMAN.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:40 AM

Default Re: RESULTS...

Haha, nh, assuming the raiser has typical opening standards it's really not a hard call with AA, it's like a really really easy call.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha, nh, assuming the raiser has typical opening standards it's really not a hard call with AA, it's like a really really easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i suck....thought WAYYYYYYY more likely he had TT-QQ b/c 99/66/33 would likely wait for turn or try to get a call or two behind....oh well, live and learn

Barron
Old 10-05-2005, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PS- if i DID have AA, we likely wouldn't have seen a flop b/c i would have made it much large for 87ss to call OOP and 87ss would have likely folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

He opens for 70 you make it what? 225? Most people make it something like 200, I probably call with 2500 behind and 78s...
Old 10-05-2005, 11:46 AM

I don't know if it's a "really really easy" call. I mean, if it's over $2000 to you to call with your pocket aces, and you've played NL holdem long enough to see some crazy [censored], you'll be thinking long and hard. Not saying I wouldn't make the call, but when all your money's at stake nothing's a really really easy call unless you've got the nuts.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if it's a "really really easy" call. I mean, if it's over $2000 to you to call with your pocket aces, and you've played NL holdem long enough to see some crazy [censored], you'll be thinking long and hard. Not saying I wouldn't make the call, but when all your money's at stake nothing's a really really easy call unless you've got the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, all things being equal (i.e. the opener isn't a tricky aggro that opens with a wide range of hands and has no problem 3-betting all in with his gut) this is a really easy call. Be careful of the sentiments you echo in the 2nd half of your response. You'd be suprised how much money you are missing out on with this kind of logic.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, duck pretty much nailed. She has less of a life than me, so from now on I'm just going to reply with one sentence to threads and expect her to write anywhere from a paragraph to 2 pages on the reasoning.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa hello? PIX PLZ!!%!%!%!!!#%